Request South-east Thailand Forum

rychrde

Hi

just want to see if there is enough support for a South-East Thailand forum.

I live in Sa Kaeo, and the only topics I see are in the Central Thailand forum. But this isn't quite right. Too far east of Bangkok to be really central. Not really Isaan, though close. There seems to be nowhere to logically post anything local about this region.

I include the whole of the SE as I also see nowhere to post about this region. The Pattaya forum is obvious and logical but it does exclude the rest of this region.

any thoughts?

rych

Hi

just want to see if there is enough support for a South-East Thailand forum.

I live in Sa Kaeo, and the only topics I see are in the Central Thailand forum. But this isn't quite right. Too far east of Bangkok to be really central. Not really Isaan, though close. There seems to be nowhere to logically post anything local about this region.

I include the whole of the SE as I also see nowhere to post about this region. The Pattaya forum is obvious and logical but it does exclude the rest of this region.

any thoughts?

rych

I think its a great idea, something for Aran to Trat and all in-between

I think its a great idea, something for Aran to Trat and all in-between

yes, exactly. I see you're in Chantaburi - where do you post local stuff?

btw if any mods think this should be in a better folder then move it pls.

thx

rych

A few people have discussed this before (long ago).

Some wanted a forum for all the folks from Rayong to Trat (including Koh Chang/Koh Samet of course). While there are some members in those areas, it's not alot. Though when you look at some of the other available forums (i.e. Krabi, Southern Thailand and Central Thailand forums) have a combined total of 734 topics between them (less than half what the Isaan forum has by itself).

I have plans, somewhere down the road, of possibly moving to an area between Rayong and Trat. It would be nice to have a forum where the usual topics could be discussed (from the perspective of that area), without having to wade through pages of topics from other areas.

Not sure what it involves in setting up a new forum, but I'll bet one thing that would be required is a strong show of support from the members residing in those places. If only one or two people "bang the drum' so to speak, it would hardly be worth the effort for Admin to set up a new forum.

I think I'll dig up a map and maybe start a poll. See if what kind of support may be out there.

Looking at a map of provinces it could be defined as from SaKaeo through PrachinBuri and Chachoengsao and then drop all the way down to Trat.

btw thanks for moving this to best forum, though I wonder how many people look here :-)

btw2 where do people in Trat currently post local info/msgs?

rych

Looking at a map of provinces it could be defined as from SaKaeo through PrachinBuri and Chachoengsao and then drop all the way down to Trat.

btw thanks for moving this to best forum, though I wonder how many people look here :-)

btw2 where do people in Trat currently post local info/msgs?

rych

It seems too be moving. !!!!!!!!!!!!!We in the Chanthaburi area need something a bit closer to home

All the really important people look here (especially those with the power to make such a change happen, the Almighty Admin(s) !) :o

I'm in the Prachinburi kabinburi area & think it would be a good idea for a seperate forum. What do you think Soundman??? Us lads in Kabinburi get very lonely don't we ??? :o

Edited by chavy

• 2 weeks later...
We have a fruit farm in Trat and will be living there in a few years.

Hi

am planning to take a trip to Trat some time this year. No fixed date, when will you be there?

Also, any advice on reasonable accom for a week. Found a nice looking place outside the town but its in the local mangrove swamp, such places well known for being mosquito-infested, so not sure.

thx

rych

Mods: please don't forget its not only a forum for residents. I was recently looking for info on Laem Mae Phim and was not sure where to find it. For people like me a separate forum would certainly be useful, even if there is not a lot of topics. It would be a good point of reference.

• 1 month later...

GREATLY NEEDED Forum !!! Even thou i live in Bkk , whenever i'm about to drive around the country, (which i do quite often) i do visit some of the local forums & find'em great :o , .. Loved CR/North, so read it ever since ! East seaboard>> esp. Trat , as well as the surrounding area !>only part of the country without forum so far , here on TV