Thai PM praises tourism sector after Thailand takes the top spot in hotel awards

webfact

They do have some nice hotels here.  The price to quality ratio has been the best in Asia in my opinion.  Prices are up now though, especially in Bangkok.  One of the top hotels the JW Marriott is usually around 4000 b a night.  The other day it showed 15,000 b a night and that was on the Marriott website. Anyway,  I don't disagree with the awards the quality and service in Thailand generally seem pretty good. 

• Like 2

Nothing to do with resilience, Thailand is simply and mostly the better and cheaper choice for many would be tourists, and the fact that Thailand is a good place and good value for money to tour and be helps a lot...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

Many Thai hotels are showing big discounts through Agoda. We nearly always book our hotels through them as their price is normally the best and they are easy to book with them. 

Never take any notice of the strikeout prices on these websites as they are invented by the booking companies.

It remains, however, an oddity that you can often get a better price for a hotel through an agent such as Agoda, where the hotel pays commission, than by booking direct with the hotel. It's not as pronounced as it was and it's certainly not the case for all hotels.

• Like 2

"Thailand boasts 246 hotels that have won Gold Circle Awards, while Taiwan has 209, and Japan has 198."

so impressive - especially because it is well-known that Japan and Taiwan have economies which are so totally dependent upon mass tourisn..........

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Many Thai hotels are showing big discounts through Agoda. We nearly always book our hotels through them as their price is normally the best and they are easy to book with them. 

I booked with them for Xmas last week and they took my money.  Attempting to send particulars to my son I hit the cancel button.  They refused to give me my money back.  It took hours of emailing to get them to agree a refund but I might have to wait 30 days.

1 minute ago, mikebell said:

I booked with them for Xmas last week and they took my money.  Attempting to send particulars to my son I hit the cancel button.  They refused to give me my money back.  It took hours of emailing to get them to agree a refund but I might have to wait 30 days.

Try getting refunds on flight tickets... with any of them. 

On 12/19/2022 at 10:23 AM, ThailandRyan said:

How much money was paid to the Agoda in sponsorship and ads which resulted in this very favorable award. I mean the country just truly reopened. Plus add in the fact one can not leave a negative review or risk arrest for defamation......just my view

And some similar sites openly advertise that owners/operators can buy 1, 10, 50 ??? positve reviews.