Teary eyed student says she was conned into opening account used in crime: "Send me to jail I have no money to pay"

webfact

2 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

I was of the understanding that Thai's in general and for the most part are not all that sophisticated about finance.  Being stupid isn't against the law in Thailand yet, got to build a heck of a lot more jails first.

Well if she's that stupid she should give up the idea of university.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

She said she was completely innocent but said she had no money to pay back the victims and would have to go to jail instead.

Panthip, her mother, said that her daughter was the victim of crime and had done nothing wrong. 

In this case the daughter was as much a victim as the victims.. the real fraudster is still at large.

• Like 2

Hopefully she met "Na" and that photo is of the actual fraudster. If so, then Na isn't overly clever, since surely it's possible to match her photos to a database and discover her identity.

Most such fraudsters would use someone else's photo and never meet in person. That way it's very difficult to trace them.

It's a painful lesson for A but I think she will avoid jail time. At the same time, there will be one less guillible Thai available to criminal gangs.