Na Kluea Lan Pho park fish market

mauroest

It was a unique green area for local and tourist, to eat good fish. It was. Every my trip to Nakluea ended with few Kg of cooked fish. Surprise! All finished ! Cutting palms, destroy all, dig everything.  
Super! tons of cement will cover all in the name of progress, and in the same time destroy business
spacer.png

Edited by mauroest
url
  • Sad 1

Screenshot_2021-08-12-13-35-17-36.thumb.jpg.25d2d6add78effa0bea0df50ed7f0d46.jpg

20 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

They have promised a new park area will open early next year.

Yes, I know ????

Well that's the problem:That was a perfectly nice area before. So all these "new" contract/kickback projects are just an ongoing construction mess. Same along the promenade. This is what was just North of Walking st. Now take a look at the utter mess there now.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Henryford said:

So that's the last park in all of Pattaya gone. I used to like sitting there eating my cooked fish. And don't tell me that Pratamnack Hill is a park. They only reason that is still there is because it is too steep to build anything.

I'm sure alot of Thais miss that nice environment too. Sounds like the OP is from Europe, the rest from US. So we are used to environment destruction being challenged and blocked. In this country the locals just don't complain about anything so these "developers" can run roughshod on the country. And environmentalists here are living dangerously.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Henryford said:

So that's the last park in all of Pattaya gone. I used to like sitting there eating my cooked fish. And don't tell me that Pratamnack Hill is a park. They only reason that is still there is because it is too steep to build anything.

Yep its very hard to believe Pattaya does not have even one park.....Not one....

Beach front promenade.....Destroyed

Bali Hi park......Destroyed......Now a parking garage

Fish market park......Destroyed

Jomtien beachfront.....Most trees cut down.....Very close to being destroyed...

And that's it folks.......No other parks at all.........Zero.........

And without a motorcycle you can forget about Pratamnack Hill too, unless your very very motivated to go there....

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

And Pattayas next park to be destroyed?...........There are no parks left to be destroyed......None.......Not a single patch of grass in the city anywhere...

With the nearly complete destruction of what was once upon a time a  city with some nice natural enclaves, the city is lucky to have sh*tloads of oblivious Asians, Arabs , Russians and all the saps from western countries to keep tourist numbers up. The rest are here for other reasons.

• Like 1

every day hundreds of cars want to slip into the parking lot, a crazy traffic jam tries to enter the narrow road .... for what? Just to buy the fish, jump in the car and drive away. Useless traffic police blow the whistle. Bahtbus stop hundres of meters before.
Who had the diabolical idea of creating a parking behind the market. Who destroyed the LanPho park ?
For local everything is OK ka ?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

And now a new row of seafood venders have set up on sidewalk that was Southern border of the first/front parking lot . As you approach from South on side walk just past the new parking garage . This sidewalk  corner is now blocked forcing pedestrians to walk on the road where vehicles are turning left to enter.