Passport Agent Visa Saga.

I need to some advise re an ongoing  situation concerning my passport that has been  going on for 11 months. An agent whom I had previously dealt with successfuly for 5 years and whom I returned to after an interval of 4 years who has failed to live up to her promises. A conversion from a non B WP to a non immigrant O marriage has failed to materialise after repeated promises that it is in hand and various excuses about the delay.

To cut a long story short I went to the police just over a month ago and explained the situation and was advised to place a notice on door of the agent's premises laying a out a deadline. When this failed to bring about a result the matter was officialy registered with the police and on a subsequent visit to the agent they set a deadline which is coming up in the next few days.

Can anyone advise on the legal position re dealing with immigration with a police report in hand and what the procedure is to get a replacement passport? Thanks 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marquess said:

Can anyone advise on the legal position re dealing with immigration with a police report in hand and what the procedure is to get a replacement passport?

Big issue. 

This police report is being done many months late.

When did your previous permission of stay end. 

Some agents don't even touch non O marriage extensions. 

Assume your agent is not a known company. 

11 months!! Should have done a lost/stolen police report ages ago. 

• Like 2

It's a company, and I have a British passport. Yes, it should have been done months ago, but wasn't due to my faith in the agent for having done extentions for me for 5 years without an issue including marriage visas. Along with the constant assurances that it would be done. 

7 minutes ago, marquess said:

It's a company, and I have a British passport. Yes, it should have been done months ago, but wasn't due to my faith in the agent for having done extentions for me for 5 years without an issue including marriage visas. Along with the constant assurances that it would be done. 

if you haven't renewed your extension for "several months" - you are in severe over stay ....

No letter from the police going to dig you out of the mire you are now in - You and only you are responsible to renew your extension - If you have trod water for months on end waiting for the visa company to sort - more fool you ....

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, novacova said:

And don’t forget to take photos of the id page of the passport, visa and permission to stay immediately after each stamp/entry before you lose the passport???? then email it to your self for safe keeping.

I did that and it didn't help me, I showed it to the guy at the agency, and he said he would take it to immigration, then got back to me and said that immigration would not accept it.

1 hour ago, marquess said:

It's a company, and I have a British passport.

You stated this.....

"I went to the police just over a month ago and explained the situation and was advised to place a notice on door of the agent's premises laying a out a deadline".

If he has an office then why not go there. You state "it's a company " 

The places that I'm familiar with have a physical presence.

Like the many mention on AseanNow.

ThaiVisaCentre, Maneerat, KeyVisa etc etc. 

I did go to the company and got no joy and the police have been there too and will be going back again on  31st.  

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I don't see how the police would be interested in this as using an agent for this is not legal. 

Firstly, what illegal activity do you think happened? Far often than not, people arranging work permits and extensions of stay based on working either use a lawyer/agent themselves, or have their employer arrange everything, again often with the help of an intermediary. The procedure is not as convoluted as it was decades ago, but still something busy people do not usually want to deal with. The use of an agent to get together the paperwork, and sort everything out is legal and normal.

Secondly, he already has a police report. The interest or disinterest of the police in the situation has become moot.

There is no suggestion at this time that a criminal case should be initiated (except, if he is unlucky, against the OP for his immigration status). Any action against the agent for negligence (usually to be avoided in Thailand, though I would consider it in this case) would be a civil action between the OP, his lawyers, the agent and the agent's lawyers. The police would have no involvement.

Edited by BritTim