tv antenna installer hua hin

flipper2222222

49 minutes ago, flipper2222222 said:

antenna on the roof

Sounds like a good old analog TV antenna?

Or do you mean a satellite dish?

As far as I know analog TV has been ceased everywhere in Thailand.

So either digital via DVB T2 or satellite.

Both require a set-top box connected between dish/antenna and TV except some modern TVs have built in DVB or satellite tuners (which might explain why one works)

Edited by KhunBENQ

7 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Sounds like a good old analog TV antenna?

Or do you mean a satellite dish?

As far as I know analog TV has been ceased everywhere in Thailand.

So either digital via DVB T2 or satellite.

Both require a set-top box connected between dish/antenna and TV except some modern TVs have built in DVB or satellite tuners (which might explain why one works)

I moved the TV from one room to another, same TV works fine in the bedroom but not in the lounge room

pulled off the wall plate but I think something is disconnected in the roof space , so need someone to check that, 

On 12/26/2022 at 7:12 AM, flipper2222222 said:

I moved the TV from one room to another, same TV works fine in the bedroom but not in the lounge room

pulled off the wall plate but I think something is disconnected in the roof space , so need someone to check that, 

Did you use the same patch lead. (1 m antenna cable between TV and wall plate) for your test in the bedroom?  Maybe it's just the short connection lead that has failed.    

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 1:03 AM, flipper2222222 said:

this topic can be archived, I have given up and will just use an internal antenna for Auntie's local TV

Does the place have a false ceiling?  You know, the panels sitting on angle iron on hangers.  If it does, easy to pop a panel up and have a look in the cavity.  Maybe it's just a cable that's detached itself from a splitter.  It could even be laying on the suspended roof panels.  Easy fix.