Net Marathon ended

Everyman

Two years ago I bought an AIS Net Marathon SIM. 1790 baht for 100 GB per month, for a year. That works out to be about 150 baht per month. After a year, I was offered the option to renew for the same price. This I did.

I was hoping that as the third year approached, I would be offered the same deal. Alas I was not, and that package has sadly now expired.

Is there a way I can get it back, absent buying a new Net Marathon SIM? If that is impossible, then is there an equivalent monthly package? I looked at the packages available on the AIS app and they were all <deleted> except a “special” offering. That is  100GB for 30 days for 300 baht, but that is double the price I was paying so obviously that isn’t as good. It’s not important to me whether it’s 5G or 4G since I was getting about 70 Mbps with 4G and that is plenty fast enough for my purposes. 

I use about 50GB per month so that’s the bare minimum. I’m using an iPhone 12 if that will make a difference to any suggestions. 

Thanks

I just got the "deal" at an AIS store locally (see screenshot)

1890 THB for 100 Gb per month on an existing SIM or 14xx THB for a new SIM they pushed me to get a NEW sim as it is cheaper

After I topped up to have enough balance they pushed in a Code on my phone and I got the 100Gb per month "deal"

Clipboard01.jpg.436f38ca796113c939c4ff62e4feedef.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, ours ran out earlier this year. I think the only way to continue would be to get a new Net Marathon SIM assuming of course that they are still available.

Nope no need for a new sim, I just got the deal at the local ais shop. But it's much more expensive if you add it to an existing number. I believe approx 400 THB per year MORE

Edited by MJCM

5 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Nope no need for a new sim, I just got the deal at the local ais shop. But it's much more expensive if you add it to an existing number. I believe approx 400 THB per year MORE

Yeah, I was suggesting that possibly the only way to continue with Net Marathon at the same(ish) price would be a new Net Marathon SIM.

We ended up getting one of the slow but unlimited packages, for our purposes (backup for the fibre) it does the job.

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, I was suggesting that possibly the only way to continue with Net Marathon at the same(ish) price would be a new Net Marathon SIM.

We ended up getting one of the slow but unlimited packages, for our purposes (backup for the fibre) it does the job.

I just got it (new subscription), 1890 THB for 100 GiB per month and limited to 15MiB speed on an existing sim card but haven't tested it how fast it actually is as I haven't been out of the house since I got it (sick as a .......... ????

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1