Share Dealing Platforms

Ex UK resident, now dividing my time and interests between SG and Thailand. looking to move my shares portfolio from UK platform (shares are a mix of UK/European markets and Australian) to an offshore/Asian platform. Any recommendations ? Plus, will it be possible to do a cross-border portfolio transfer, or will I have to sell up and buy again ? 

1) OCBC Securities (in Sing)  is a good option, direct market dealing for most major markets eg UK,US,Euro,Aus,HK, Sing and even Thai plus a number of other markets. I have also used Boom in HK and Asia Plus in Thailand, both of these also pretty good with a wide range of markets covered.

2) yes, you can do a crossborder single share or portfolio transfer, i have done this, myself, a number of times from UK to Sing , from Uk to Thai and from Thai to Sing. Once you have the account open just inform both sides what you wish to do, there will be a couple of forms to sign but it should be pretty straightforward.

Incidentally transferring a share portfolio or single company holding out of Thailand is a very simple way to get significant sums out of Thailand, (at least for a non-Thai), certainly much easier and less bureaucratic than transferring out large sums of cash. 

sorry, i am just not up to date on all that;  it is some years (5 plus) since i opened these accounts.

I dont remember any particular difficulty with  opening but the direction of travel is for all these things to have got more difficult in recent times.

Edited by wordchild