whats the go with renting and blue book as owner/ ie agoda/ booking.com./airbnb short term vs long term,

Yes, as the landlord/owner you are required to submit a TM30 for any foreigner staying at a property, for any amount of time.. Its reasonably easy to register for, and use, the online reporting system.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, as the landlord/owner you are required to submit a TM30 for any foreigner staying at a property, for any amount of time.. Its reasonably easy to register for, and use, the online reporting system.

thank you that's great 

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

This is so confusing, why, because just the other day on a different topic, I advised someone in response to their question that my wife had to go to immigration to report that I was back and staying in "her house" as she is the blue book holder, as he said she didn't and attached a PDF of the regulation.

He must have meant that we as farang's don't need to report anymore.

When we returned from a recent overseas trip, I said to the wife when we returned home, give them a call and ask if I need to go in, as was always the case previously, she called them, no was the answer, I said, yeh, I think they did away with that, but give them another call just to make sure as Paddy would say, to be sure to be sure, and she did, different Immigration Officer, this time the Immigration Officer said, no your husband doesn't need to report to us, but you need to tell us he is back as you are the blue book holder.

So what did we do, we went and when we got there, they said, why did you drive all this way, you could have done it on line....LOL

What was my take from all of this, it would appear that any foreigner returning from overseas staying with a blue book holder has to be reported to Immigration that they are staying with the blue book holder, naturally hotels I believe are required to do this regardless. 

Your take on this Pete ?

Edited by 4MyEgo

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

This is so confusing, why, because just the other day on a different topic, I advised someone in response to their question that my wife had to go to immigration to report that I was back and staying in "her house" as she is the blue book holder, as he said she didn't and attached a PDF of the regulation.

He must have meant that we as farang's don't need to report anymore.

When we returned from a recent overseas trip, I said to the wife when we returned home, give them a call and ask if I need to go in, as was always the case previously, she called them, no was the answer, I said, yeh, I think they did away with that, but give them another call just to make sure as Paddy would say, to be sure to be sure, and she did, different Immigration Officer, this time the Immigration Officer said, no your husband doesn't need to report to us, but you need to tell us he is back as you are the blue book holder.

So what did we do, we went and when we got there, they said, why did you drive all this way, you could have done it on line....LOL

What was my take from all of this, it would appear that any foreigner returning from overseas staying with a blue book holder has to be reported to Immigration that they are staying with the blue book holder, naturally hotels I believe are required to do this regardless. 

Your take on this Pete ?

Like everything, the enforcement/interpretation can vary from office to office. I think you are basically correct, returning to the same address, a new report isn't required.

Theoretically, any reporting is always the owner/housemasters responsibility, not the foreigner
I moved house recently in Pattaya, wife is the housemaster in blue book, we registered for online and reported me at the new house. wife had tm30 app on her phone, log in and there I am, shown as living there. But, next extension, wife still had to go to the TM30 counter and do a new report. The year before, they looked at me like I was handing over a radioactive substance when I presented a fresh TM30 receipt. There is often no consistency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1