Pesticides in food in Thailand, are you concerned?

Don Chance

I clean all my produce by soaking in soapy water and rinsing off with distilled water and have never had a problem.

A few years ago we were watching a fruit lady spraying all her produce with bug spray at the local fruit market right in front of us to keep insects from eating her merchandise. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mark Nothing said:

I clean all my produce by soaking in soapy water and rinsing off with distilled water and have never had a problem.

A few years ago we were watching a fruit lady spraying all her produce with bug spray at the local fruit market right in front of us to keep insects from eating her merchandise. 

That is not suppose to be good, the vegetables will absorb the soap and not rinse off.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2023 at 5:00 PM, fieldsofgreen said:

Yes, farmer next door sprays asparagus day before sale. He is dying in forties because of pesticides. Eat organic or grow your own.

It’s a myth that organic produce is grown without pesticides. In fact they are grown with “organic” rather than synthetic pesticides, but that says nothing about the toxicity of the pesticides. Many “organic” pesticides are more toxic than synthetic pesticides. Certainly organic farming is much worse for the environment because crop yields are lower, requiring more land to grow the same amount of food.