Tt&t Is Launching Internet Tv Service

ZZZ

Could IPTV be an alternative to the TrueVison (UBC) monopoly?

True and ADC have provided IPTV for a while but I have not heard any comments on the quality/costs of these services. Anyone with experience of this?

From Nation:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/06/25...ss_30037700.php

"Supot said that TT&T Subscriber had joined with many content partners to provide the IPTV service, which includes 20 channels, including free television channels. Among the content partners are the Nation Channel, the Money Channel and the big filmmaker the Mono Group.

"The number of available channels is expected to reach 30 when we go commercial. We're also in talks with some content providers to jointly provide Hollywood movies," Supot said. "

Guest Reimar

IPTV was started a few years ago by Shin Satellite to full fill 2 things: TV and Internet via Satellite.

Both was crab! Bad Pictures on the TV and the internet wasn't ood at all. There was also a need of an telephone line for the Internet connection: connect by a kind of dialup for downloading and the upload was totally over the phoneline.

I tested the system at Thaicom Headoffice that time and the download was just app. 220 kbps while upload max 36 kbps. TV was teribble bad!

Cost was Baht 1,800.- a month!

And I do believe that the service from TRUE isn't better!

I have IPTV with True in Bangkok. Apart from minor annoyance of the set-top boxing needing to be reset sometimes (turn on and off) the service works brilliantly. The picture quality is very good and very very few interruptions in service, as I leave the TV on all day (music videos or news) as I work. The only downside is programming is not much to speak of. For international news, I only get Fox, which is not international, just a feed of their domestic programming, and Skynews. I would like to get BBC and CNN, and some others, but no luck yet. Two movie channels playing the usual bad assortment. It's much cheaper than UBC.

It has no effect on the broadband speeds at all.

I have IPTV with True in Bangkok. Apart from minor annoyance of the set-top boxing needing to be reset sometimes (turn on and off) the service works brilliantly. The picture quality is very good and very very few interruptions in service, as I leave the TV on all day (music videos or news) as I work. The only downside is programming is not much to speak of. For international news, I only get Fox, which is not international, just a feed of their domestic programming, and Skynews. I would like to get BBC and CNN, and some others, but no luck yet. Two movie channels playing the usual bad assortment. It's much cheaper than UBC.

It has no effect on the broadband speeds at all.

Thanks for the info, sounds good with the quality of the service. It will be interesting to see what sort of programming TT&T will come up with, with 30ch there there may be a few worth watching.