Little help please

Binger

Hi dave 59 english living sirattana  sorry to ask a simple question but for the life of me i can’t remember do i need to make a small deposit or withdrawal when getting my bank letter and bank book updated for extension of stay based on marriage its not may first one i just can’t remember ( old age setting in ) thank you ???????? 

Just did mine today and for the first time ever had my paperwork accepted first time. Poobear is correct. Make some kind of transaction (I usually withdraw a few 1000 when I'm there at the time I'm asking for the letter). It doesn't matter whether it's a deposit or withdrawal.

Remember to get the letter (original with stamp) plus one copy, and a full statement of 2 months (I get 3 months as I've had the 2 months questioned before) - original with stamps on each page plus a copy.

My IO also requires 2 copies of the front page of the account passbook plus EVERY page that has a transaction in the whole year preceding my application (which sounds nuts - sometimes they only want the few months before the renewal, but this has changed more than once). This year that was made awkward because my passbook filled up, so had to copy most pages from both books. The bank paperwork alone was more than 20 pages of A4, some double sided (plus the copies).

Good luck.

13 hours ago, proton said:

Had one insisting he wanted every passport page copied even the blank ones. Next year did them all to abide by it, when handing them over was accused of wasting the officers time who gave most back to me, cant win!

I had the same thing happen to me on one occasion and had to copy even the blank pages in my passport (and bank book, most of which were also blank) to satisfy the I/O. Fortunately I haven't been asked for it again, because I think that this particular I/O at that time was after a "tip", which wasn't forthcoming!

• Like 1

I'm nearly 69 how the hell would I know. What was the question again?

I often wonder how much of the memory loss and brain fog is down to age and how much to being married. I could ask my wife for her opinion but I can remember enough to know that's not wise.

Others seem to know anyway.  Good luck

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Speedo1968 said:

I thought you had to make a bank deposit for your one year visa renewal and that you are not supposed to withdraw from this account at least 2 months before visa renewal application.
When renewing my visa I make a 100 / 200 baht deposit.

You can withdraw what you like, so long as you maintain the required amounts in the bank.

On 1/30/2023 at 12:37 PM, Speedo1968 said:

I thought you had to make a bank deposit for your one year visa renewal and that you are not supposed to withdraw from this account at least 2 months before visa renewal application.
When renewing my visa I make a 100 / 200 baht deposit.

If not mistaken, you can do whatever you want with the money in your account because it's YOUR account.

The only requirements are:

800k must be in the bank 2 months before applying for the retirement extension.

The bank balance cannot go below 800k until 3 months after receiving the retirement extension.

The bank account can never go below 400k ever.

2 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

If not mistaken, you can do whatever you want with the money in your account because it's YOUR account.

The only requirements are:

800k must be in the bank 2 months before applying for the retirement extension.

The bank balance cannot go below 800k until 3 months after receiving the retirement extension.

The bank account can never go below 400k ever.

The OP is asking about extensions based on marriage.

Therefore, 400k in the bank for 2 months before application. Many immigration offices require the money to remain in the bank during condlsideration period, which is usually about a month after application. After that, do what you want with the money. Just remember to get the balance back up to 400k 2 months prior to next application.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Thumbs Up 1