U.S. Social Security SSA-1099 Tax Form Received 2022

Good luck mailing it back and being acknowledged in SS system. I mailed (via EMS that only tracks to US port of enty) my first 7162 in July 2022, then got another in December 2022. Mailed that via DHL to a US friend who remailed it USPS certified to the SS post office box. USPS tracked delivery and receipt to SS.  Called SS* this month who could not find my updated 7162's in their system. The agent said that their system does not show any action to suspend my SS so I'm ok. ??!? I will call SS again next month. 

* 800-772-1213   M-F 9am-4pm EST; W 9am-noon EST.

The OP is talking about the 1099 for IRS not the 7162. 
But I’m having the same issue with the 7162.  Sent it Registered last year.  Scanned delivered.  Got second notice saying never received.  Sent second one EMS  December 2. They claim they still don’t have it. Even though scanned delivered and even shows a name of someone that actually signed for it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swm59nj said:

But I’m having the same issue with the 7162.  Sent it Registered last year.  Scanned delivered.  Got second notice saying never received.  Sent second one EMS  December 2. They claim they still don’t have it. Even though scanned delivered and even shows a name of someone that actually signed for it. 

got the same problem as you, received 2nd notice saying benefits may be suspended, I never received the first one, it said to mail within 45 days.... went to the post office Registered Air Mail and it was received 3 weeks later

7 hours ago, swm59nj said:

Identical to my situation here in Mexico.  When I called the SSA 1-800 number in December, the helpful representative gave me a fax # and an actual street address in Wilkes-Barre PA.  Can't FedEx to the P.O. Box number on the pre-addressed envelope, but can FedEx to the street address, so I (a) FedEx'd the form with my original signature to the street address, (b) faxed a copy, and (c) sent a photocopy of the signed form via registered mail in the provided pre-addressed envelope.  I included a cover letter with each, explaining my three-pronged strategy.  I hope I covered my bases!

In case anybody else wants to courier their form to the SSA, this is the address I got from the lady on the phone:

Social Security Administration
Stegmaier Bldg, St. 102
7 North Wilkes-Barre Blvd.
Wilkes-Barre PA   18702-5241

... and this is the fax number she gave me:   1-833-950-3192

17 hours ago, swm59nj said:

Correct. There are other threads for the 7162.

18 hours ago, swm59nj said:

You received this in the mail?

Yes.

Past threads on this topic indicate these getting delivered more towards the end of January, or early February.

18 hours ago, swm59nj said:

I just checked MySocialSecurity website.  I didn’t see it there yet. 

Me as well, no SSA-1099 for 2022 on mySSA site.

I've received other 1099 documents for 2022 in the last 24 hours. Again, surprisngly early in my recent experience.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 8:12 AM, bamnutsak said:

Correct. There are other threads for the 7162.

Yes.

Past threads on this topic indicate these getting delivered more towards the end of January, or early February.

Me as well, no SSA-1099 for 2022 on mySSA site.

I've received other 1099 documents for 2022 in the last 24 hours. Again, surprisngly early in my recent experience.

According to MY SSA site the forms 1099 will be online after 31Jan23.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, pmarlin said:

According to MY SSA site the forms 1099 will be online after 31Jan23.

I'm online my Social Security, don't see any mention of SSA-1099 2022. Also have not received it via mail.

Never got my first 7162 in July, did receive the second one in December.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 11:05 AM, mackayae said:

I'm online my Social Security, don't see any mention of SSA-1099 2022. Also have not received it via mail.

SSA 1099R available online as of 1 Feb 2023.  

When clicking the circled icon below (which does not appear until 1 Feb) you can either download a copy or have them mail you another copy.  The wife and I received our printed copies in early Jan 2023 here in Bangkok and also just downloaded a copy.

image.png.1b9be2c9acf5f1ebf5b3e6059d9f7195.png