Hua Hin quiet beach and accommodation away from the crowds!

Paddy 696

There is no crowds in Hua Hin, not even during High Season now except a peak on New year and coming Chinese New year. 

City center is only restaurants, shopping malls between Khao Thakiab and Hua Hin. 

Best part of beach is south from Centara, and best Hotel is Centara. All depending on your budget and how many people, there is great facilities on beach with family rooms around and between Marked Village and bluport.

If you say how many people and budget, with or without Kitchen facilities I can give you a few names. 

Cicada is a great marked for families.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hummin said:

Why Hua Hin? 

Check this out. Owner great guy, best breakfest in town, and close to beach and Cicada marked. 

Surf & Sand Resort
+66 81 995 9053

https://g.co/kgs/skAcg8

Rooms have kitchen facilities and freedge.  

Yes, Sam is a really good bloke.

never tried the brekkie there though

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Sam Roi Yot is lovely, but is not Hua Hin. There  is very little aside from the beachfront   low end or high cost resorts.

Cicada market  is at the end of Hua Hin closer to Khao Takaib than it is to Hua Hin town.

Now to answer OP question, please have a look at Agoda, there are many hotels and service apartments that are at historic low cost now. I have stayed at many of the serviced apartments hotels that surround Market Village. Nothing spectacular, but they are solid 3 stars. I feel that I have received much better value at these places than when I have stayed at Intercontinental and Mariott, which are direct on the beach.  The ideal zone if you wish easy access to beach is between Bluport and Market Village. There are some reasonable hotels on the beachside of the main road Petchkasem. The best value is on the other side of the road with the new DUsit  mid market facility and others. Also, there are many reasonable Thai  restaurants in the area.  Beware that traffic can be heavy so you will need to use  overwalk at market Village, or Overwalk at Intercontinental/Bluport or the  pedestrian crosswalk with lights  midway between the two at  Bangkok Hospital (People slow, but do not necessarily stop). I mention all this because I do not know if the  child has strength to walk the 100-250 meters to the beach.  They are all easy walks.  I recommend the zone between Bluport to Market Village because of the easy access to  services, restaurants, food markets, cinemas etc.  Inner part of Hua Hin is dead or dying as the city prepares to redevelop the former entertainment venues, many of which have moved towards the  market Village to Bluport area.

Despite all the activity, town goes quiet by 10 pm and outside of the bar district, everyone is alseep by 11 pm.

It's a place I like to recharge my personal battery in. Aside from the poor accessibility  to airports and awful train schedule, Hua Hin is the ideal place to stay. 

Great Tq for info your thoughts. Appreciated 

1 hour ago, nickmondo said:

Yes, Sam is a really good bloke.

never tried the brekkie there though

Always great to have an owner who is interested in his customers and are there for them with advised and local knownledge. 

Once and awhile he trow a bbq for his guests to. Great food as always

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dirk Z said:

Beware of jet ski's unless you like the noise. Just come back from a hotel that was always quiet but is now spoilt because of the constant noise. 

It is more close to Centara and Hilton and the Kite surfing shop? South on the beach more quiet

• Like 1

In preference to Hua Hin proper, I always stay with family at Takiab South beach which is the other side of Kao Takiab; the big rock,  at the South end of the main Chaam/Hua Hin beach. More popular with Thais and ot that many hotels or restaurants but enough. The beach is quiet but  lively and entertaining at the weekend when the young affluent Bangkok crowd arrive. Hotels and apartments right on the beach or a couple of minutes walk. I like the Blue Wave with spectacular views, or Takiab Beach Resort which is a bit cheaper but friendlier service. Or if u want to go upmarket there is also an Anantara right on the beach.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LatPhrao said:

Recommends for Hua His beaches with some surf?  Doesn't need to be big surf, just enough and not flat. 

If it's not flat, then it's going to be stirred up.  Way more than I'd want, as I prefer to see what's in the water around me.  Not that I would actually go in the surf along Hua Hin district.  

1 main 'city' beach, then N of, a stretch of, N side of military base, but really accessed thru resorts, I think.

South of, on other side of big Buddha/headland, there's 2 named beaches, that some say are nicer.  Less people, but I wouldn't swim in that either.  Didn't think they were anything different or better.

Anantasila is the most relaxing hotel in Kao Takiab.  Dining there is superb and the ambience, right on the beach, is top class.  Also great for children.

You can of course stay somewhere else in Kao Takiab but dine out at Anantasila.

Blue Wave is a bit tired.  Elevator can take a lifetime to arrive.

Edited by blazes
  • Like 1