Driving license renewal in Phuket

jphasia

I need to renew my 5 years driving licenses (both car & motorbike) this year in Phuket.

I heard that the process changed (you need to make apointment online?). 

If someone has recent experience doing so in Phuket, I would be glad to know the latest requirements to renew 5 years driving licences in Phuket.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, i did not get any feedback from this thread so as I was in Phuket last week, i went to the driving license office and asked.

They requested the usual "residence certificate" from the immigration, medical certificate and usual passport copy with copy of the entry stamp. 1 set per license.

I got all the next day and went back to the Driving license office. They checked my paperworks, approved and stamped. They give me an appointment on 18 April and QR code to watch a video before the appointment (I did it already).

This would be my 3rd 5 years renewal. My concern was that at this time, I don't have visa (i am visa exempt) so I was worried that they accept to renew for 5 years. But they confirmed that they will and it is stated on the appointment paper (5 years renewal).