car rental with driver in Bangkok

Y Chang

I want to rent a SUV or minivan with a driver for sightseeing purpose.  It will be a one-day round trip; pick up from Bangna Bangkok to Amphawa Floating Market and then back to Bangna Bangkok.  A Google search pops up many companies such as ThaiTaxis, BangkokBeyond, DriveMate, Klook, GetYourGuide, DelightCar, etc.  Has anyone used any of these companies?  Which one do you recommend?  What was your experience in terms of vehicle maintenance, driver's safety skills and punctuality?

In October 2022 I rented a passenger van service for our family of 7 from www.thaitransfers.com The drivers were always on-time. We did Airport, Bangkok, Amphawa etc. and also up to Khao Yai and on to Ko Samet Pier, Pattaya and finally Bangkok over 9 days. Prices were reasonable. Not same driver for all. We saw about 4 different drivers - two were really nice and helpful - the other two were OK. Driving was safe though there was some mobile phone use from one while driving. Dealing with their office on email could have been a bit faster but they did send individual,  clear confirmations for each day. The one thing was that they wanted full payment upfront by bank transfer - cards not accepted (25,000+ Baht in our case) and there is a change fee/cancellation policy. Would I rent from them again? Only if I needed a large van. Otherwise I will rent a car and drive myself.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Thanks 2

It was September 2021 when we used a limousine service called Oriental Escape, but I believe they meanwhile also operate under the name of Mekhe Transport. The trip from Suvarnabhumi to the Dusit Hotel in Hua Hin did cost THB 3,500 in a brand new and spotless clean Toyota Fortuner, with a very decent driver, also driving defensively. Back one week later with the same driver and for the same price. Always on time, or even 15 minutes early. Cash or credit card payment. Can absolutely recommend this company.

• Thanks 2