Taxis to Undergo Inspection Before Collecting New Fares

webfact

Every taxi service in almost any country in the world resembles some sort of mafia and Thailand is no different, but having used taxis many times i can tell you that the situation is not that bad, it could have been worse, so let sleeping dogs lie i say just keep things as they were...

4 hours ago, webfact said:

New fare structures for taxis in Bangkok have come into effect, but the Department of Land Transport (DLT) says taxi vehicles will need to have their meters inspected and recalibrated before they can start imposing the new fares.

Once again new fares are introduced and meters not yet ready.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The DLT said the new fares can only be implemented after the inspection and recalibration of fare meters installed in some 70,000 taxis registered for service in Bangkok.

Well that makes my figures found on the net cr@p.  I guess the DLT will have a better idea of how many taxis there are.

From my previous post on the subject:

In the time allocated approximately 65,000 taxis can be accommodated.  I found two figures for taxi numbers in BKK (100,000 in 2012, Wikipedia and 150,000 in 2019; https://www.covankessel.com/blog/how-to-take-a-taxi-in-bangkok#:~:text=There are more than 150.000 taxi’s in Bangkok, newer Toyota cars and are spacious and airconditioned.).

Edited by lujanit

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I don't need to be personally inconvenienced to past a comment.

Thank you.

Thank you for thanking me.
Let me rephrase the question as I didn't realise that you were writing for others
'Do remind us of the last time anyone was  inconvenienced'
No problem if it takes you some time to consult the others that you were speaking for. 

A clue -- it was about eight years ago.
What a bloody nuisance every eight years.
Thank you.