First group of 197 Chinese tourists arrive in Chiang Mai on direct flight from Shanghai

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that Chinese tourists arriving in Chiang Mai from Shanghai were feted at the airport.

Following Beijing's easing of travel restrictions post pandemic this was the first direct flight from the Chinese city with 197 on board.

Five airlines are operating direct flights to the northern capital.

Deputy governor Weerapong Ritrort and airport director Wijit Kaewsaithiam headed a big welcoming party for the arriving Chinese on flight HO1325, Juneyao Airlines. It was the first direct flight post-pandemic.

The tourists were given mementos and experienced a "water tunnel" at the airport to mark their arrival.

Five airlines have direct flights in the pipeline, said the airport director.

There would be daily flights from Shianghai as well as three times weekly on Spring Airlines from Guangzhou, starting tomorrow.

Other flights would be arriving from Chendu, Beijing and Shanghai.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-01-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 1

Please accept my sincere apology for missing our scheduled meeting in Chiang Mai. I was unavoidably detained by some urgent business at Nana Plaza as my schedule was unexpectedly hectic. I was unable to reach you mid flight and advise you of my change of plans. 

Hope to see you next year.

• Thanks 1

I guess the Chinese tourists are happy to see their CM properties after the nearly 3 years

they have been away.

I hope next Winter will be a nice hot dry one, when I plan to go to Thailand for 2 or 3 months.

Good luck all you CM posters.

More Chinese tourists?  What could go wrong? 

"Nearly a quarter of travelers flying from China to Italy in late December were COVID-positive, according to a new study—one that offers a glimpse at transmission occurring from the eastern superpower to the rest of the world."  https://news.yahoo.com/nearly-quarter-travelers-flying-china-220507924.html

• 2 months later...