Passenger assistance robots introduced at Bangkok’s main train terminal

snoop1130

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

If they're anything lie those bl**dy things in Tops, they are a nuisance. Had to swerve them several times to avoid running over my toes.. ????

The real nuisance is the one that looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger, kept asking me what my name is.

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, it is what it is said:
3 hours ago, damian said:

If they installed international standard wayfinding signage these things wouldn't be needed.

good point, don't think i've ever had trouble navigating an airport or railway station...

That's because they have installed signage, just as the station has also.

Just passed through few days ago....strange set up from what I could see.  Big beautiful terminal but from what i saw the trains don't actually go into the covered terminal part...instead you have to go underground under the tracks and then you are outside to board or disembark train....it is a long walk into the terminal itself and very little cover from sun or rain outside...one little crossover path that requires you to walk and drag/haul your luggage over the tracks where you then can enter the mrt station and walk underground a very substantial hike to the main terminal....,maybe i missed something but seems a very poor design for a major new train station.....at least at hualamphong the trains arrive and depart INSIDE the covered area and very easy escalators to BTS.

Also signage at new station leaves much to be desired...some say trains and point others say railway and point meaning i suppose the mrt trains one way and railway the other...some no doubt ythink trains means the train since you are after all at a train station.....then  you walk down some long hallways and the signage just stops...had to stop and ask security several times as i really wasn.t expecting the railway trains to be outside far from the station....

anyway i think it will eventually get sorted out or i hope so

On 1/20/2023 at 12:31 PM, pomchop said:

Just passed through few days ago....strange set up from what I could see.  Big beautiful terminal but from what i saw the trains don't actually go into the covered terminal part...instead you have to go underground under the tracks and then you are outside to board or disembark train....it is a long walk into the terminal itself and very little cover from sun or rain outside...one little crossover path that requires you to walk and drag/haul your luggage over the tracks where you then can enter the mrt station and walk underground a very substantial hike to the main terminal....,maybe i missed something but seems a very poor design for a major new train station.....at least at hualamphong the trains arrive and depart INSIDE the covered area and very easy escalators to BTS.

Also signage at new station leaves much to be desired...some say trains and point others say railway and point meaning i suppose the mrt trains one way and railway the other...some no doubt ythink trains means the train since you are after all at a train station.....then  you walk down some long hallways and the signage just stops...had to stop and ask security several times as i really wasn.t expecting the railway trains to be outside far from the station....

anyway i think it will eventually get sorted out or i hope so

Not sure where you were but you don't need to lug anything across tracks anywhere. The trains leave from inside the station and the MRT is in the basement and directly connected, you don't need to exit the building, you just go downstairs and there it is.

15 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Not sure where you were but you don't need to lug anything across tracks anywhere. The trains leave from inside the station and the MRT is in the basement and directly connected, you don't need to exit the building, you just go downstairs and there it is.

not true on Jan 10...rode train from hua hin and definitely did not go inside terminal..i can tell the difference of being inside and outside.... me and many many more did haul luggage across tracks then down to basement and eventually to mrt....