Walk-in Pfizer vaccinations for free from now until 25 January

anchadian

I got a Pfizer booster (no charge) at the local public clinic in Saphan Kwai a couple of days ago. There are 8 public hospitals and clinics in Bangkok (that my wife could find) currently doing the boosters. Ours was a walk in first come first serve clinic, whilst some hospitals required a booking and a small fee for foreigners. Ring a public hospital to see which ones are offering the boosters. None were offering Moderna, all were giving Pfizer.

Unlike some posters here I did not get any adverse symptoms at all from the booster, unlike earlier shots, so I assume that my immunity must have increased from previous boosters and covid (x2).

About 4 weeks ago I found a small set up in Lotus Pak Chong offering free Pfizer which I took . Filled in form ,Showed my passport and previous vaccination record certificate indicating my 3 prior shots ( 2 brumrungrad and 1 in Central,Korat). This one didn’t issue any paperwork/updated certificates but they said it would be on my Mor prom app in 2 weeks .Just checked and it’s not updated on there. 
I don’t have details of who did the last one,so is there any way of getting my record updated on the app ? 

7 hours ago, ehs818 said:

Bivalent Vaccine

Government chose not to order them.  There are no Bivalent vaccines available in Thailand unfortunately as all purchases of Covid vaccines must go through the government channels.

"The Royal Gazette on Thursday published a Public Health Ministry announcement cancelling the decree dated October 9, 2020 that had allowed the ministry to procure Covid-19 vaccines to protect the public interest, control the outbreak or maintain national security.

The latest announcement, dated October 31, 2022 and signed by Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, said the Covid-19 situation was improving globally according to World Health Organisation data showing the mortality rate is now the lowest since March 2020.

The government revoked the pandemic emergency decree on October 1, while the ministry also downgraded Covid-19 from a dangerous communicable disease to a communicable disease under surveillance, said the announcement.

Thailand’s stock of Covid-19 vaccine is now sufficient to meet demand and there is no need to procure additional vaccine, it added."

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/policies/40021707

Edited by MrJ2U

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Government chose not to order them.  There are no Bivalent vaccines available in Thailand unfortunately as all purchases of Covid vaccines must go through the government channels.

"The Royal Gazette on Thursday published a Public Health Ministry announcement cancelling the decree dated October 9, 2020 that had allowed the ministry to procure Covid-19 vaccines to protect the public interest, control the outbreak or maintain national security.

The latest announcement, dated October 31, 2022 and signed by Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, said the Covid-19 situation was improving globally according to World Health Organisation data showing the mortality rate is now the lowest since March 2020.

The government revoked the pandemic emergency decree on October 1, while the ministry also downgraded Covid-19 from a dangerous communicable disease to a communicable disease under surveillance, said the announcement.

Thailand’s stock of Covid-19 vaccine is now sufficient to meet demand and there is no need to procure additional vaccine, it added."

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/policies/40021707

I remember that announcement. But I also seem to remember subsequent to that, it was clarified that Thailand still was going to be acquiring the newer vaccines, if not by the MoPH directly, then by the GPO and/or private hospitals.

But, until we hear something more recent and authoritative on the issue, who knows!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Central Bangkok.  On the old Thai Diamaru Department Store site.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Daimaru

You're dating yourself!  :biggrin:

I go back a long ways here... but that name even predates my arrival!

I believe the original name of the current mall, that opened in 1990, was the ill-named (based on later U.S. events) World Trade Center.  :wink:

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You're dating yourself!  :biggrin:

I go back a long ways here... but that name even predates my arrival!

I believe the original name of the current mall, that opened in 1990, was the ill-named (based on later U.S. events) World Trade Center.  :wink:

Seems like yesterday (1969) - first escalators in Thailand as I recall were in original building - later moved across street (first underground shopping area) and site of several major fires over the years - but was a prime shopping center for many years.  And yes redevelopment of original area was WTC.

8 hours ago, RayOday said:

I wrote to two of the best known International Hospitals in BKK regarding when the bi-valent would be available. They were honest and said they don't know and might expect the end of the first quarter 2023. All said with the caveat that it is up to the government.

I have had 3 AZ + 1 Moderna and am now just battling this beast. Like a flu on steroids. One thing that I believe has kept me out of hospital is as soon as my lungs became inflamed I started using a Symbicort inhaler. The inflammation was reduced greatly after first 2x. Google Symbicort and COVID to read the science. Symbicort isn't made in TH so it isn't cheap yet well worth it. Cheaper than the hospital. I am totally enervated yet on track back to normal. This virus is something I don't want to experience twice. 

You can (maybe even should) use Pulmicort spray instead of Symbicort.

Pulmicort is easily available in Thailand. 650 Baht.

Pulmicort is inhaled steroids. Several studies show they are useful.

https://www.cochrane.org/CD015125/AIRWAYS_are-inhaled-corticosteroids-effective-treatment-people-mild-covid-19

Symbicort contains additional Formoterol. I have never heard that this has any effect on covid.

If you are in a risk group,  molnupiravir is available in Thai hospitals. 

• Thanks 2

On 1/21/2023 at 2:37 PM, Aussieroaming said:

I got a Pfizer booster (no charge) at the local public clinic in Saphan Kwai a couple of days ago. There are 8 public hospitals and clinics in Bangkok (that my wife could find) currently doing the boosters. 

May I ask which public clinic in Saphan Kwai and what are the 8 public hospitals and clinics? Thank you.

On 1/25/2023 at 3:00 PM, JimTripper said:

I got the Pfizer vax but have been reading so much anti vax stuff, on YouTube and twitter, that I’m afraid of having a heart attack.

Most of it is false and unsubstantiated rubbish misinformation. You have far more to worry about from getting sick/ill from COVID than you do from getting a COVID vaccine that largely prevents serious COVID illness.

• Thanks 1