Cataract surgery using Toric lenses for Astigmatism correction - any issues?

JimmyJ

I had both eyes (cataract surgery)done in a eye clinic 

up here in Sakon Nakhon. One in 2020 and the other 4 months ago.

I too have astigmatism , dry eye and was given Toric lenses , 70k & 60k, entire procedure with meds and follow ups.

In 2008 in the states,I had Lasik $8k done on both eyes which resulted in seeing better for distance while still needing readers .

Because I had Lasik ,I was told the cataract procedure with Toric would only result in  80 -90% improvement.

I thought at the time to give it a try , the blur and halos improved  considerably . I also could see faces much better from a distance, another words I was happy with the procedure.So I did the other.

I still have to wear readers(no script )but the detail, no blurs and minimal halos have given me new eyes.1DBB342A-0B5A-4147-97BB-DCE5326B97C9.thumb.jpeg.7bbc0c95224593ea1737663002ddc8ae.jpeg

Edited by riclag
  • Thanks 1

I've just read that placement in the eye is more crucial and difficult than with basic monofocals.

You got the Soft version it appears.

The stiffer one it seems possible the wearer may feel something.

I"m going to consult with the Opthamologist about this.

I've worn contacts for very long with no astigmatism correction, for the last month wearing glasses with no astigmatism correction

1 hour ago, JimmyJ said:

I've just read that placement in the eye is more crucial and difficult than with basic monofocals.

You got the Soft version it appears.

The stiffer one it seems possible the wearer may feel something.

I"m going to consult with the Opthamologist about this.

I've worn contacts for very long with no astigmatism correction, for the last month wearing glasses with no astigmatism correction

I remember back in the 90’s trying contacts .There wasn’t a lot of choices so the Usa eye Dr put the hard lenses in. They moved around a lot , blurred my vision at times.I ended up going back to wearing glasses .

good luck