How to get a stray cat out of our house.

My fear is the cat won't come down. It might feel the  distance from the height of the ceiling to the floor is a bit  daunting. I put a large step ladder next to the outside bathroom wall hoping it might use it as an aid in navigating its escape. But so far lots of meows. 

During the night the cat finally descended from the top of the bathroom, ate the two bowls of canned fish we used to lure it down, and then left the house. We kept the back door open all night. When I got up and noticed the fish had been eaten, I looked out the door and saw the cat sitting on the top of the wall next to our house looking at me. Haven't seen the cat since. The cat just came around our house to escape dogs I think since the walls and gate offered protection. I never fed the cat. I would sometimes see the cat crouching behind bushes or plants trying to catch birds. Then it would disappear for days. Our neighbours  who have chickens claim the cat has been eating their baby chic's.

I would like to thank all the posters for your useful advice i.e.,  get a python, get a dog, but some dead cat deodorant from Makro to use after it dies.

20 minutes ago, khaepmu said:

During the night the cat finally descended from the top of the bathroom, ate the two bowls of canned fish we used to lure it down, and then left the house. We kept the back door open all night. When I got up and noticed the fish had been eaten, I looked out the door and saw the cat sitting on the top of the wall next to our house looking at me. Haven't seen the cat since. The cat just came around our house to escape dogs I think since the walls and gate offered protection. I never fed the cat. I would sometimes see the cat crouching behind bushes or plants trying to catch birds. Then it would disappear for days. Our neighbours  who have chickens claim the cat has been eating their baby chic's.

I would like to thank all the posters for your useful advice i.e.,  get a python, get a dog, but some dead cat deodorant from Makro to use after it dies.

Where do you live? Is there any animal shelter replacement org close to you? If so they can help you out next time to move the cat, and the neighbors will not Poison it. If you care what is going ro happen to it. If not, the neighbors will take care of it sooner or later.

About 8 months ago a cat appeared at our front door meowing loudly, we gave it some tuna and left over rice and it devoured it.

Quickly adopted us as a source of nutrition and came regularly to feed, we started buying cat food and nicknamed him Lucky.

He will sleep on a cushion outside overnight and as soon as we show signs of stirring will make it known he is ready for his breakfast.

He likes to come inside to sleep off the food and can spend most of the daylight hours asleep inside if we let him ( we never leave him inside alone ).

He can disappear for a couple of days at a time, visiting his other “ families “ but always returns.

I think we can assume that he feels safe with us .

DAA2E434-E41C-4F02-B8E9-3EE2FA3DFB6B.thumb.jpeg.edf76d9ffc141156c88b2df43352e5f0.jpeg