Changing Baht To Aud

I'm planning to change 300 or 400,000Baht into Aussie dollars to take with me when I fly out. I have two questions:

1. Are there any significant differences in rates comparing the regular banks to places like Vasu and Super Rich for this amount? If so does anyone have a phone number or the location of these establishments? I'm assuming the difference is minimal though and not worth the effort?????

2. I am on a non-immigrant O/Thai Wife visa. Will this be OK to do the job or should I get the missus to do it?

Any advice appreciated. As you can tell, it's been a long time since I've had to do this.

I'm planning to change 300 or 400,000Baht into Aussie dollars to take with me when I fly out. I have two questions:

1. Are there any significant differences in rates comparing the regular banks to places like Vasu and Super Rich for this amount? If so does anyone have a phone number or the location of these establishments? I'm assuming the difference is minimal though and not worth the effort?????

2. I am on a non-immigrant O/Thai Wife visa. Will this be OK to do the job or should I get the missus to do it?

Any advice appreciated. As you can tell, it's been a long time since I've had to do this.

Sorry moderators just realised this in in the wrong forum. Is it possible for you to move it to the biz forum?

Hi Moe

Super Rich would be worth checking out - we got really good rates changing Aussie dollars to Thai baht (much better than banks). Sorry no phone number though. As for the location - it's in one of the lanes opposite the new Zen store in Bangkok, quite close to Big C , and I think behind Bangkok Bank (hope the instruction helps). I think if you go there you can probably ask people around there - they have a really big orange sign.

Happy7

Remember that you will have to report to Oz Customs on arrival if you are carrying more than A$10,000 or its equivalent in another currency.

Failure to declare means you risk losing the cash.

I take it the law is 10k per person? If so we should be fine as am travelling with wife.