Bangkok Hospital Phuket

Aussietraveller

Hi All,

I have asked questions on this forum and also the Health forum over the last 9 months regarding various hospitals etc. around Phuket for the birth of a baby.

My wife and i chose to use Bangkok Phuket Hospital.

Our Daughter was born 1 week ago. (and she is beautiful by the way!)

The staff at Bangkok Phuket Hospital were helpful and professional and made he whole thing easy and as stress free as it could be.

For anyone looking for a hospital, i can certainly recommend this one.

The staff in the Nursery were great.

The prices were probably a little high by Thai standards, but were cheap by western standards.

3 nights/4 days in hospital and a C section was about 44,000 Baht.

The advice given by the hospital about care of the baby was appreciated by new parents.

Most of the staff spoke enough english to be able to communicate with me as well so i knew what was going on at all times.

Anyone with specific questions, please feel free to PM me.

I will now start looking in the family forum for all the good baby advice..

Though Bangkok-Phuket hospital is the best all-around hospital in Phuket, I've heard that the OB/GYN unit in the International hospital is better. Also, have heard that the International hospital doesn't hassle you if you want to register a Western name for your child. Apparently, Bangkok-Phuket gives you problems if you don't choose a Thai name. Could have changed as I heard this a year or so, ago.

Our Daughters names are all western.

No problem at all from the Hospital.

They did ask for our marraige certificate, this may have had some bearing on it?

(My wife changed her surname to mine when we married)

We wrote down the name we had chosen.

They went off and had it translated into Thai for her Birth certificate.

We went to get her birth certificate, no problem there either.

They did ask for our marraige certificate, this may have had some bearing on it?

What for marraige certificate? what if you aren't married yet?

and hwy they care about name? May be father wants the get the baby foreign citizenship

I had a friend whose wife gave birth at vachira hospital, and No complain.

What for marraige certificate? what if you aren't married yet?

and hwy they care about name? May be father wants the get the baby foreign citizenship

I had a friend whose wife gave birth at vachira hospital, and No complain.

I work as an International Coordinator for BPK and to my knowledge there isn't a need of a marraige certificate to name the child, and there is no problem with naming the child with a foriegn name. About aquiring dual citizenship for a child, that's for immigration to take care of.

Hi All,

I have asked questions on this forum and also the Health forum over the last 9 months regarding various hospitals etc. around Phuket for the birth of a baby.

My wife and i chose to use Bangkok Phuket Hospital.

Our Daughter was born 1 week ago. (and she is beautiful by the way!)

The staff at Bangkok Phuket Hospital were helpful and professional and made he whole thing easy and as stress free as it could be.

For anyone looking for a hospital, i can certainly recommend this one.

The staff in the Nursery were great.

The prices were probably a little high by Thai standards, but were cheap by western standards.

3 nights/4 days in hospital and a C section was about 44,000 Baht.

The advice given by the hospital about care of the baby was appreciated by new parents.

Most of the staff spoke enough english to be able to communicate with me as well so i knew what was going on at all times.

Anyone with specific questions, please feel free to PM me.

I will now start looking in the family forum for all the good baby advice..

My son was born there, unfortunately I could not be with my wife as I was working abroad when he arrived 2 weeks early. She was treated like a 2nd class citizen in my absence; the nurse kept telling her that she was not ready as if they knew better than the future mother herself. My wife got some IV and shortly after she found out that she was laying in the pool of blood because the needle connection got loose. Only after she ordered the most expensive suite in the hospital and after several of my farang friends came over to visit the hospital staff's attitude changed 180 deg. So here is my (my wife's) experience. I had always good experience in Mission hospital and recommend it for farangs.

No, it is the Ministry of Foreign affairs. However, when my son was born at Mission, we were given a Thai and an English language birth certificate. 2 months later we went to Central to get him a passport. No problems came up.

Service at Mission was so so. My report is here for all to search.

Regarding BKK Hospital. Overpriced and many many hidden charges. Take for example the hidden 100 baht charge for medication. If you get 5 different meds, yes, you pay 500 Baht extra. Total ripoff.

Oh, my hospital bill at Mission was 11k. If it had been a caesarian, it would have been 20k.

I work as an International Coordinator for BPK and to my knowledge there isn't a need of a marraige certificate to name the child, and there is no problem with naming the child with a foriegn name. About aquiring dual citizenship for a child, that's for immigration to take care of.

No, it is the Ministry of Foreign affairs. However, when my son was born at Mission, we were given a Thai and an English language birth certificate. 2 months later we went to Central to get him a passport. No problems came up.

Service at Mission was so so. My report is here for all to search.

Regarding BKK Hospital. Overpriced and many many hidden charges. Take for example the hidden 100 baht charge for medication. If you get 5 different meds, yes, you pay 500 Baht extra. Total ripoff.

Oh, my hospital bill at Mission was 11k. If it had been a caesarian, it would have been 20k.

Thanks for the Info, where is the Ministry located? I hear you on the BPK expenses, as I tell all my friends, this is a great hospital if your white and you have insurance. If you're paying out of pocket, I agree with the rest on Mission, or Phuket International. If I didn't get free health care here, that's where I would go.

They come once or twice a year and usually are at Central.

BPK is notorious for the price scales. And if you are Korean or Japanese, the prices go through the roof. Not good for Thailand's image.

Thanks for the Info, where is the Ministry located? I hear you on the BPK expenses, as I tell all my friends, this is a great hospital if your white and you have insurance. If you're paying out of pocket, I agree with the rest on Mission, or Phuket International. If I didn't get free health care here, that's where I would go.

They come once or twice a year and usually are at Central.

BPK is notorious for the price scales. And if you are Korean or Japanese, the prices go through the roof. Not good for Thailand's image.

Babies and cosmetic are O.K. at the Bangkok Phuket ,

but anything serious like heart, GO to Bangkok as quick as you can.

And charges are horrendous.They do themselves no favours by this policy. I was quoted 3 times the going Bangkok rate for a Stent. I had no insurance, so was forced to go by ambulance to a Bangkok hospital and was lucky to survive.