Question about Skype, Calls re-routed to Thai Mobile

Eddie45

If I pay for a UK Skype number its £5.00 a month and I understand that I can answer the calls on the Skype app. Does anyone know if its possible to get the calls re-routed to a Thai mobile number instead of the Skype App. I looked on the Skype website but couldnt find any info regarding this. Any feedback appreciated. 

On the Skype app go to settings then calling you will find call forwarding put in your thai phone number when they call your Skype number it will forward to your thai number been doing it for years with other countries before now its set for my thai number

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Havefunme said:

On the Skype app go to settings then calling you will find call forwarding put in your thai phone number when they call your Skype number it will forward to your thai number been doing it for years with other countries before now its set for my thai number

Thanks for the info. So if I accept the calls on my Thai Mobile is there any extra charges on top of the £5.00 a month for the Skype UK number.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just get a UK sim from Giffgaff, they send them to Thailand, use the sim every 6 months, and top up £5+ every 6 months to a year depending how much you need, payg

I am going to get a Giffgaff Sim for my UK banking but want a Skype account for my remote work.

• Like 1

Just now, Havefunme said:

When you use Skype to Skype computer just internet no extra charges but when using Skype paid number calling a land line or mobile line you need to have credit you buy on Skype calls are just pennies a minute 

Thanks for the info much appreciated.

Just now, freedomnow said:

I guess you can receive banking SMS this way to keep UK account live/manage it ?

I think you need to send a sms text message every 180 days to keep the Giffgaff sim active. Also checkout Lebara, this is every 90 days but they have good online customer service chat facility.

6 minutes ago, Eddie45 said:

I think you need to send a sms text message every 180 days to keep the Giffgaff sim active. Also checkout Lebara, this is every 90 days but they have good online customer service chat facility.

I don't meant to keep it active I mean to get 2-FA passcodes to check a UK bank account.