Estimated costs for this pool spec?

drh1010

Could anyone tell me approximately what it would cost to get the following pool built?

And also the estimated actual construction time?

8x4m overflow salt water pool

I appreciate that price and build time could vary depending on many things - but just looking for some ballpark estimates based on anyone with recent experience of current costs etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Need L X W x Average Depth.

20 - 22 k per sq/m from a VAT registered company.

Can get a lot cheaper of back yard cowboys! (Plenty of them but beware)!

Depends on what final finish & level of the equipment quality.

Also on where?

Cheers

Ok thanks for the info and the rough price range - definitely would be wanting to avoid any cowboys as have heard horror stories.
Do you know what the typical construction time is for something like this?
It will be in the Pattaya area but for later on in the year - just wanted to do a bit of research now to see what to expect and then go and get some quotes etc in a couple of months from now

Just now, Saanim said:

I know about one (“The hit goose will always call back”). ????

Actually, if you are a bit familiar with construction (or your wife is) it's not a big deal to erect a tiled garage without a roof.  Especially in Thailand where the material and the workmanship is so cheap.  You will find few posts here about DIY, while it does not mean making it by your own hands, there are plenty village bricklayers (chaang pun) around that will be happy to make it for you according to your sketches. And finally a village plumber will connect the pipes and install the pump and filter bought in Global House or Lazada. At the end of the day, it might give you some kind of a proud accomplishment.

Then you can do it for almost a tenth of it what 5-star experts will offer. Why to pay in a cheap country almost the same as you would pay in a rich country?  However, if you no longer can force your wife to buy a new diamond ring, so why not to sink money in the pool?

5 hours ago, Saanim said:

Actually, if you are a bit familiar with construction (or your wife is) it's not a big deal to erect a tiled garage without a roof.  Especially in Thailand where the material and the workmanship is so cheap.  You will find few posts here about DIY, while it does not mean making it by your own hands, there are plenty village bricklayers (chaang pun) around that will be happy to make it for you according to your sketches. And finally a village plumber will connect the pipes and install the pump and filter bought in Global House or Lazada. At the end of the day, it might give you some kind of a proud accomplishment.

Then you can do it for almost a tenth of it what 5-star experts will offer. Why to pay in a cheap country almost the same as you would pay in a rich country?  However, if you no longer can force your wife to buy a new diamond ring, so why not to sink money in the pool?

Wrong again on so many points.

Shouldn't you get a consultancy job?

You would make a fortune!

Bahahahahaha ????????????????

• 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, pedritosan said:

I just received a quote for a fiberglass 2m X3m plunge pool with Emaux salt chlorinator/ pump/equipment for 250,000 baht. Is that a fair price?

Price includes everything but the decking. I would also like to add tiles on top of the fiberglass, but not included in the quote.

On 1/28/2023 at 4:26 PM, Saanim said:

Does the bricklayer install the pipes before the plumber comes to connect ?

20 minutes ago, pedritosan said:

Price includes everything but the decking. I would also like to add tiles on top of the fiberglass, but not included in the quote.

Same here, I was quoter (I dont remember the exact measurements) but aboy 4x8 fiberglass , same as you not including deck around 300k baht. In Khon Kaen 

• 2 weeks later...