Blacklisted

I am planning to go back to Thailand next year.But unfortunately I overstayed one year on mylast visit.A very stupid thing to do.Anyway I was imprisoned for a month before being deported.

Is :o there is a possibilityI am on the black list,denied returning.If that is the case how can I get knowledge of that before I reach Thailand again.

I am planning to go back to Thailand next year.But unfortunately I overstayed one year on mylast visit.A very stupid thing to do.Anyway I was imprisoned for a month before being deported.

Is :o  there is a possibilityI am on the black list,denied returning.If that is the case how can I get knowledge of that before I reach Thailand again.

is there any gnarly thai stamps in your passport?

there is a good chance you are blacklisted and that would be on the computer...however, don't mention anything, just fill out a tourist visa application and see if it goes through.

Also think about getting a new passport made. This one won't have the stamps in it; however you'll be in their computer system so it may not make a difference.

If you really must get back into Thailand and they won't let you, I suppose you could resort to the drastic measure and legally change your name.

Is :o there is a possibilityI am on the black list,denied returning.If that is the case how can I get knowledge of that before I reach Thailand again.

If you were caught by immigration, detained, and sent home, the chances are that you were also declared persona non grata. There'll be a stamp in your passport in Thai. Have a Thai read through your passport.

It takes more than an overstay to get blacklisted and if you were there is a "right of appeal" process that you go through.

You haven't given too many details as to the prison internment. As stated by someone else, the maximum fine imposed is Bt20k, so I take it you couldn't pay the fine and that is why you spent time in jail, or maye they wanted you for some other offense.

If you really do think you have been "black listed" there is a very prominent red stamp in your passport in thai but you can still get a lawyer to appeal for you if you believe you have sufficient grounds.

It takes more than an overstay to get blacklisted and if you were there is a "right of appeal" process that you go through.

You haven't given too many details as to the prison internment. As stated by someone else, the maximum fine imposed is Bt20k, so I take it you couldn't pay the fine and that is why you spent time in jail, or maye they wanted you for some other offense.

If you really do think you have been "black listed" there is a very prominent red stamp in your passport in thai but you can still get a lawyer to appeal for you if you believe you have sufficient grounds.

It does not take more than an overstay to get blacklisted if you are caught by immigration police. An overstay might be all it takes. The month in IDC could have been because he didn't have the overstay fine, or the return airticket home, or both.

I suggest arwan that you go to the Philippines and try your luck there.

After a month inside in Thailand you will be familiar with Asian prisons so it shouldn't be too much of a shock when the Filipina's lock you up.

A years overstay and you're thinking that Thailand might roll out the red carpet for you.

It's people like you who <deleted> the system up every where you go.

:o

Apply for a Tourist Visa at the EMBASSY in your own country (you didn't tell us where that is)

Roger

HUH??

How would that do anything? It doesnt matter if you have a visa from the embassy or get the visa on arrival, immigration at Don Muang still have the right to refuse entry. THEY are the people who let you into a country.

arwan

Unless you have a friend who can check with immigration, Dr PP is right. Or you can always spend $X, come here and chance being turned round on the first flight home.

Or.... why not go somewhere else on holiday? The world is a big place you know.

Best to assume you are blacklisted.

As said before, new passport, with new name if you're that desperate. If you need a visa use a consulate not an Embassy. No guarantee of entry, but obvious precautions.

Pure speculation on my part, but a land border may be more lax than Don Muang.

John b good, I'm not condoning his actions, but what system do you think he is <deleted> up?

Apply for a Tourist Visa at the EMBASSY in your own country (you didn't tell us where that is)

Roger

HUH??

How would that do anything? It doesnt matter if you have a visa from the embassy or get the visa on arrival, immigration at Don Muang still have the right to refuse entry. THEY are the people who let you into a country.

arwan

Unless you have a friend who can check with immigration, Dr PP is right. Or you can always spend $X, come here and chance being turned round on the first flight home.

The guy has already been caught over staying once, surely if he intends to return a visa to cover his stay would be a wise thing to get as opposed to getting 30 days on entry and overstaying again.

Roger

HUH??

arwan

The guy has already been caught over staying once, surely if he intends to return a visa to cover his stay would be a wise thing to get as opposed to getting 30 days on entry and overstaying again.

And using the same name and date of birth is a virtual guarantee of being denied entry to the Kingdom.

Roger

HUH??

arwan

BlueBear,

Did you READ the original post?

Is  there is a possibilityI am on the black list,denied returning.

If that is the case how can I get knowledge of that before I reach Thailand again.   

I was answering his question!

Roger

Good point roger, applying at an Embassy for a visa would be a good way of finding out if he is on any blacklist or not, however common sense would dictate that he is blacklisted and applying for a visa would be pointless to say the least.

Still, top marks for being the only person to answer the actual question :o

BlueBear,

Did you READ the original post?

Is  there is a possibilityI am on the black list,denied returning.

If that is the case how can I get knowledge of that before I reach Thailand again.   

I was answering his question!

Roger

Yes, I did read the original post.

But you make the assumptions that 1) the embassy is linked into the immigration computer system and that all applications are checked against their database - I doubt that it is the case that all or maybe even any embassies are linked in that way. As long as you have the forms, money and no blacklist stamps in your passport they will issue the visa. 2) that if the embassy issues a visa its OK, he will gain entry to Thailand.

Even if it is linked and he is on a blacklist it is still possible that the embassy will issue the visa and he will be refused entry by immigration.

The issuing of a visa is not a guarantee that he will gain entry to a country.

As I said before, the only way of being CERTAIN is to check with immigration and if he tries that through an embassy, it would be more than likely they wouldnt give him a visa because of past history

I do not have a big red stamp in my passport so maybe I am lucky after all.I suppose if you are blacklisted there should be some kind of evidence in the passport.

Anyway the best thing is to go to Malaysia or Singapore before entering Thailand.

By the way my inmates in prison told me over and over again that overstaying is not a very serious crime.

I spent one month in prison because I could not pay the fine and my return ticket.

To John B good:

I have learnt my lesson very well.No way I will end up in a prison in south east Asia again.

I do not have a big red stamp in my passport so maybe I am lucky after all.I suppose if you are blacklisted there should be some kind of evidence in the passport.

Anyway the best thing is to go to Malaysia or Singapore before entering Thailand.

By the way my inmates in prison told me over and over again that overstaying is not a very serious crime.

I spent one month in prison because I could not pay the fine and my return ticket.

To John B good:

I have learnt my lesson very well.No way I will end up in a prison in south east Asia again.

apply for any type of visa at a Thai EMBASSY (NOT consulate!) in your HOME country!

if immigration has blacklisted you they will inform the Thai embassy in your home country but may not notify embassies in other countries.

if the embassy in your home country issues a visa your are not blacklisted.

going to an other country to obtain a visa may be possible but you may find yourself being denied entry into Thailand if you are blacklisted.

opalhort

Dr PP,

As much as I hate to dispute your vast knowledge, overstay is not a reason to be blacklisted. It takes something very major. Last time i spoke to someone who had seen the list (about 6 months ago) it had less than 100 names actually on it.

Overstay is an offense. You pay your fine, or do your time until you can pay your fine and leave the country, then all is forgiven until next time.

There are people here who constantly overstay, then just get deported then return. some on the next plane.

As for the original post, no red stamp, definitely no black list.

Dr PP

Overstayers or overstayers with criminal convictions?

The process is supposed to be:

criminal charge

trial

criminal conviction and sentenced (deportation or imprisonment)

application to be blacklisted

then on the list pending appeal

stay on list forever.

Or something very similiar.

Best to assume you are blacklisted.

As said before, new passport, with new name if you're that desperate. If you need a visa use a consulate not an Embassy. No guarantee of entry, but obvious precautions.

Pure speculation on my part, but a land border may be more lax than Don Muang.

John b good, I'm not condoning his actions, but what system do you think he is <deleted> up?

My belief is that the more of these people who buck the system (overstaying by a year, and now 'perhaps' trying to circumvent the immigration / and entry procedures etc) the more the authorities will have reason to be more zealous in their application of the existing laws and regulations.

For an example, I have very rarely carried my passport whilst I am out and about in Thailand (and never had a problem) but if because of people like this guy who has already admitted to having flouted the laws of the realm continue in this fashion it just means (or is likely to mean) that the screws will be further tightened on those of us (the majority) who play by the rules.

And we will be inconvenienced as a result.

And, WHY should you or I be inconvenienced as a result of the actions of some drop kick who thinks that the rules are for others (but most certainly not himself)

For an example, I have very rarely carried my passport whilst I am out and about in Thailand (and never had a problem) but if because of people like this guy who has already admitted to having flouted the laws of the realm continue in this fashion it just means (or is likely to mean) that the screws will be further tightened on those of us (the majority) who play by the rules.

And we will be inconvenienced as a result.

And, WHY should you or I be inconvenienced as a result of the actions of some drop kick who thinks that the rules are for others (but most certainly not himself)

Fair point.

Dr PP

Overstayers or overstayers with criminal convictions?

The process is supposed to be:

criminal charge

trial

criminal conviction and sentenced (deportation or imprisonment)

application to be blacklisted

then on the list pending appeal

stay on list forever.

Or something very similiar.

Getting on to the black list is usually an administative procedure rather than the result of of a decision by a Thai Court. ( as is a deportation order )