70 more vehicles seized in "Jay Ploy Chonburi Gang" pawn inquiry

webfact

S__6823997.jpg

Picture: INN

INN reported that Crime Suppression Division police had seized 70 more vehicles involved in 39 cases as part of inquiries into pawning activities of a gang known as "Jay Ploy Chonburi".

The cops were following up on a case of the pawning of vehicles that began in November of last year. 

The gang had convinced people of a safe storage facility in which to pawn their cars.

S__6824002.jpg

Picture: INN

But when the owners came to reclaim their cars and pay interest they had disappeared and sold them on. 

Crimes were committed in the metropolitan area of Bangkok, in Region 1 and 2 and areas under the command of the central investigative branch of the police. 

Ten people are already in custody and warrants are out for many more in the scam. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-01-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 2

Nurse S-i-L had her car stolen. Culprit was captured by family members. I drove them to Dong Tan cop shop; fat sergeant refused to act until payment of 10K.  Nurse paid a bank loan for 4 years despite not having a car.  Female culprit had done this twice before.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Nurse S-i-L had her car stolen. Culprit was captured by family members. I drove them to Dong Tan cop shop; fat sergeant refused to act until payment of 10K.  Nurse paid a bank loan for 4 years despite not having a car.  Female culprit had done this twice before.

Its time someone had the courage to record such conversations with bent cops like that and send the recording to a TV station.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Its time someone had the courage to record such conversations with bent cops like that and send the recording to a TV station.

Don't get a lot of that do we, not like the actions of USA cops. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why didn't she pay the 10k? 

• Haha 1