A shadow looms large over the Pheu Thai Party

webfact

37 minutes ago, Denim said:

When Thaksin was in power there were posters here that said anyone would be better than Thaksin.

What they got in return was too many years of the current incumbents. Just as corrupt and self serving.

It's never a question of who would be good for Thailand , more of a  who would be least worse .

TIT , there are no squeaky clean options.

Meanwhile in the UK people had the choice of Corbyn or Johnson

The Americans had the choice of Trump or Hillary

See how it works ? The scum rises to the top in politics.

I remember the time when many of us thought it can't get worse than George W Bush.

We were so wrong... 

Obviously I don't know where Thai politics will go. But if Thaksin ('s daughter) will be in charge then it is almost sure that there will be mayhem. At least for me this mean anybody else is probably better. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Anyone who fancies the current political climate is either thick, deluded or just lost.

Or he remembers the bloody red-shirts terrorizing the city and decided life is a lot better without that violent mob on the streets. 

bangkok-thailand-red-shirts-put-up-barri

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Denim said:

When Thaksin was in power there were posters here that said anyone would be better than Thaksin.

What they got in return was too many years of the current incumbents. Just as corrupt and self serving.

It's never a question of who would be good for Thailand , more of a  who would be least worse .

TIT , there are no squeaky clean options.

Meanwhile in the UK people had the choice of Corbyn or Johnson

The Americans had the choice of Trump or Hillary

See how it works ? The scum rises to the top in politics.

I thought Thaksin was lousy and a liar as well as being corrupt as hell and led a party filled with cronyism.

Same sentence applies to the current government in power.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I remember the time when many of us thought it can't get worse than George W Bush.

We were so wrong... 

Obviously I don't know where Thai politics will go. But if Thaksin ('s daughter) will be in charge then it is almost sure that there will be mayhem. At least for me this mean anybody else is probably better. 

The problem is that if PT wins and no matter who is PM they will only be like JOE in the U.S.  A figurehead for an outside voice.  In this case Thaksin.

Prawit will be a voice of the military

The only way to resolve this is to have a stron opposition that can force them to play nice.

55 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

Pheu Thai won't do this, but it should dump Thaksin. If it forms a coalition and passes an Amnesty Bill, we'll be back to 2013-14. Then for sure, Pheu Thai will be finished as a party.

Thaksin not on the ballot box. Bangkokians unhappy about the amnesty came out and protest in the millions. Their message was resounding and they dispersed soon after. The bus-in radical elements lead by Sutherp mainly from the south created the chaos and the coup. Rest of the country was peaceful. Personally I am against the amnesty. The government should be given the chance to withdraw the amnesty if not for the coup. 

7 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

It's simple really. If Thaksin returns it means the power of the old elite dinos currently in charge is slipping and there's a chance of a return to democracy.

I know you don't like democracy but most people prefer it to military dic rule.

If you're still amazed then send me a PM and I'll try to simplify it further.

I’m backing Ganja Party 

13 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

If I recalled, all the past democratically held elections since 2001 were won by Thaksin's parties. Even the last 2019 election held under a much skewed military drafted constitution, Pheu Thai won the most seats in the House of Representaives. Hoodwinked for the last 20+ years? Time you acknowledge the people right to decide their government; not forced to accept by the military gang. 

I remember it was 300 to 500 baht a vote. 

2 hours ago, Venom said:

I remember it was 300 to 500 baht a vote. 

You remember wrong.

Read the ANFREL reports for each Thai election since 2000 - the only one with significant cheating was the only one Thaksin “lost”.

If you are not a fan of democracy, have the courage to say it, don’t regurgitate ridiculous lies, it just makes you look silly.

• Haha 1