Aspirin....Where can i buy aspirin 75mg......must be soluble or dispersible. This is for heart disease.I am currently based in Pattaya.Many Thanks in advance,Billy

mrbilly

12 minutes ago, mrbilly said:

????

They usually come as 80mg, I take them for heart disease as well, I was on 100mg, but they were from back home, Cardiologist said 80mg is fine.

Any chemist you will find sell them, I pay 8 baht for a packet of 10.

When I first came here I was on the 75mg dispersible and found out they were not available and just stocked up on them when I was back in the UK.

Here they prescribe the 81mg tablet instead and it is a coated tablet to avoid the stomach problems that can come from aspirin.

About 6 years ago I changed from aspirin to apixaban which created even bigger problems to obtain.

@mrbilly

As others have said the dosage here is 81 mg not 75 (won't make a difference)

Also the pharmaceutical aspirin preparations here are not soluble or dispersable, in fact most of them are enteric coated to help prevent gastric distress.

The action is the same, except that the dissolved powders both act more quickly and wear off more quickly - and can greatly irritate the lining if the stomach.

• Like 2

This is for heart disease

You are having treatment for heart disease?  Has your heart doctor recommended this?  

Hospitals have uncoated pills but as said most in pharmacy have coating.  And never make the mistake of asking for baby aspirin (as many of us used to call them).