Floating Pirate Ship Restaurant in Pattaya Heavily Damaged by Strong Waves and Wind

webfact

image.jpeg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand-A popular and fairly new floating pirate ship themed restaurant was heavily damaged by strong winds and waves today, January 30th, 2023.

The ship, known as the Krakenian, has been very popular with social media influencers on Instagram since it opened late last year and had been getting spectacular reviews by visitors.

However, around 4:00 P.M. today, January 30th, particularly strong winds and waves caused the pirate themed vessel that is a bar, restaurant, live music venue, and squid fishing boat to heavily lean to one side, causing damage and partial submersion of the vessel. A preliminary review by marine authorities seemed to support the view that a water pump in the vessel had not operated properly, but this was not a final decision.

Sawang Boriboon rescue workers helped evacuate those on board and there were no injuries due to quick responses by those involved.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/30/floating-pirate-ship-restaurant-in-pattaya-heavily-damaged-by-strong-waves-and-wind/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-01-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Well, I was in the middle of writing a glowing review when that ship listed and spilled the free meal all over my new outfit!  Then I slid over to the low side and got my new shoes soaked.  I think I'll stick to reporting on all-you-can-eat shrimp buffets for Chinese tourists on land, not that that doesn't have its hazards.

I wish you the best of luck in your chosen career.. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

don't go there as with the first strong winds it can't float anymore... Too risky if you are dining there and weather changes...Venue looks great, but not stable enough

Could be tempting to cheap Charlies looking for perhaps a free meal while ship is sinking. A "dine and splash" caper

14 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

I wouldn't say that this is actually a boat, more of a floating house...  or rather a formerly floating house!

My first thought was some sort of a barge but it was unclear in the news photo.   Who would take that out in rough weather? TIT