Document translation

Chainsaw

I have a contact who is a professional translator, would be happy to pass your details on, although she is travelling with her children over the weekend and wouldn’t be able to do the job until next week. she works using email and post, so no direct contact required, except phone calls if necessary. 

39 minutes ago, Chainsaw said:

I need some documents translating from Thai to English. Any recommendations please?

I am not sure how good a translation you are looking for and whether your documents need to be authenticated.  However, if you have a cell phone, you can use Google Lens to view the document, translate it, and then print it.  You can also capture the text off the documents, paste it to a Word Document and Word will translate it.  Finally there are a variety of programs that will view document images and translate them.  I use Babylon.  It is by far the most accurate.  There is a free download of a trial program online.  If you are translating only a few documents, that is what I would first try. 

• Like 1

Thank you for your suggestions but the document in question is a death certificate so the translation would need to be officially authorised. Just checked out the one you suggested LivinginKata. Looks like that's the place to go. Thank you.

Edited by Chainsaw

41 minutes ago, Chainsaw said:

Thank you for your suggestions but the document in question is a death certificate so the translation would need to be officially authorised. Just checked out the one you suggested LivinginKata. Looks like that's the place to go. Thank you.

Yes I was helping with the the docs of a UK friend who died here. A lot of years back, But all the translations were accepted by  all Thai branches, It was very messy with transfer his 30 year land lease and 2 bungalows. To his daughter.  Sad to say land owner (bitter ex girl friend) not transfer and the 30 year lease

annuled.  Messy case

8 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Bangkok Express Translation 

Google map it. Bottom Rang Hill. Used then in past for translate legal docs. Recommend back then.

Yes, second this. They can also organise legalisation if required.

• Like 1