Elite Visa and 90 day reporting on Samui

Hi all, any Elite Visa holders on here?

I'm considering getting the Elite Visa, but noticed there doesn't seem to be any Elite/Priviliged Agents on Samui.

Can anyone say if that is correct? 

And if so, is 90day reporting as straightforward with this visa, as with any A/O 

Thank you

2 hours ago, diceman said:

Should add that having the agent do all reporting, paperwork prep etc is one of the 'perks' of the visa, and a bit of a bummer if that won't be the case if I am on Samui.

I think they 90 day reporting is only available on some better foreign spots (Bangkok, Phuket,...)
I think it was written in the Elite website at which locations this service is included...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, diceman said:

Should add that having the agent do all reporting, paperwork prep etc is one of the 'perks' of the visa, and a bit of a bummer if that won't be the case if I am on Samui.

I do my own reporting in Hua Hin on the TE visa. The 90 day services you speak about are mainly available in Bangkok.

But let me remind you of something - you don't need to do a 90 day report yourself - you can send anyone along to do them for you. If i'm feeling incredibly lazy I just send a Thai to do my bidding.

Only the yearly extensions need to be done in person.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Celsius said:

Paying 600,000 baht to do a 90 day report.

Let me guess, you also bought a 30 year leasehold pool villa?

not even close. happy trolling, ya knob. thanks for your non-help.

many reasons why Elite is a good personal choice, and one of the 'perks' is that they do all the paperwork prep and the reports for you. if they don't on Samui, then so be it. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, diceman said:

not even close. happy trolling, ya knob. thanks for your non-help.

many reasons why Elite is a good personal choice, and one of the 'perks' is that they do all the paperwork prep and the reports for you. if they don't on Samui, then so be it. 

Yep mate! I love mine to bits and its effortless ... The I.O. and everyone in government circles I come across part the waters for me at every turn. Slide in and out of the country at will and with nary a blink from officials. 

Elite concierge does everything for me.

Its superb. Not to mention the awesome golf perks I get throughout LOS. The whole bl@ody visa will be paid for just from that over the life of my Visa ????????

I still believe these trolls and naysayers are just p!ssed off because they can't afford such a visa and so have to rubbish it. hahaha ???????? Happy toxic hating to them lol ????????

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Absolutely! I agree with everything you said, the visa isn't for everyone (apart from the initial outlay) but for some it is perfect. each to their own, and the pathetic trolls can just do one. glad you're happy with your choice mate ????

• 1 month later...

Looking for comments on buying the 20 year Elite Visa.  I am looking at the long term convenience of it as I coast into my retirement here in the USA and plan many trips and many long stays in Thailand.   I am well aware of all the Elite options and costs and other retirement visa options.  My big question is are there any expiration issues I need to be aware of?  If I don't go to Thailand for a year or more, does the Membership or Visa expire? 

I cannot comment on the T's and C's of the expiry, but do remember your 90 day reporting.

A few Elite Visa users have fallen foul on that one.

Also, here on Samui, for 90 day reporting, they also need the TM 30 to be recorded on their database.

Make sure that your landlord, wherever you stay, submits it every time that you come or stay somewhere different..

Edited by Tropicalevo

On 2/2/2023 at 8:05 AM, Celsius said:

Paying 600,000 baht to do a 90 day report.

Let me guess, you also bought a 30 year leasehold pool villa?

You definitely have issues  with a leasehold pool villa, please tell us why, and why jump on someone for buying an Elite Visa.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/13/2023 at 12:22 AM, gk10012001 said:

My big question is are there any expiration issues I need to be aware of?  If I don't go to Thailand for a year or more, does the Membership or Visa expire? 

The individual visas expire after 5 years or when your passport expires - whichever is nearest.

So make sure you have at least 5 years left on your passport before getting any TE visa inserted because they only way you're getting another 5 year visa when it expires is at the airport on the way into the country or by going in person to Chaeng Wattana.

You don't need to go to Thailand at all, if the current visa expires while you're out of the country you can arrange for a new one to be inserted on arrival at the airport. You need to make an advance reservation for this or you won't get it by just turning up unannounced and it will be a pain because you will then need to go to Chaeng Wattana for a separate visa insertion.

Planning ahead you can easily avoid the above issues.

For the other guy who was told there is a paperwork requirement and he needs to get in touch with Thailand Elite to renew - this was the case during the covid pandemic period, suddenly out of nowhere you needed to have a special authorisation letter from Thailand Elite but they told me last Novemeber that this is no longer needed when I did my annual extension, however then then sent me a letter anyway which was a little odd but I printed it out and took it with me anyway.

Sounds like the immigration office were not aware of recent changes which were changed again and again over the last few years when it comes to TE.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 2:19 PM, ukrules said:

Only the yearly extensions need to be done in person.

You mean you still need to do extensions every year when you have a Thailand Elite visa?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JackGats said:

You mean you still need to do extensions every year when you have a Thailand Elite visa?

You need to check that to be sure with Elite Card, some Elite Cards need to renewed at least after five years – i.e., 20 years = 4 x 5 years – I remember to have seen a thread or post about someone who forgot extension on his Elite Card; he wasstaying in a place where Elite Card did not have a service-office...????

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JackGats said:

If you don't leave and re-enter the country for a full year then yes, you have to do an extension at the immigration office.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was considering to buy the elite visa in 2020. Walked in and asked the senior staff at Samui immigration if they could arrange/help me to buy it. They said they never heard of an elite visa and no. Sounded like it would be more hassle than it's worth unless living in Bkk or Phuket.

On 4/8/2023 at 2:41 PM, JackGats said:

Yes, if you don't leave the country you need to go to immigration and do a 1 year extension.

If you don't do this then the overstay days begin accumulation from the day your current yearly stamp expires.

So once a year you go and do an extension and get another year, every 5 years you go to Bangkok and get a new visa inserted as the old one expires. All of the visas last for only 5 years no matter the membership duration.

• Thanks 1