Video Call to Multiple Mobiles. Quick advice needed.

dddave

A friend recently died.  A cremation service at a local Thai temple will be this Sunday.  His brothers and sister in the US can not attend but they asked if I could live stream the service to them.

I have WhatsAp, LINE and FB Messenger.  While I have done direct video calls to other phones, I have never done it to multiple phones at the same time.  The family is spread over 3 different states, some I-Phones, some Android.  

I don't know what messaging apps they have.  I know 2 have LINE.  Obviously, we would need to settle on a single app to use.

Is it possible using LINE to send live video to multiple phones at the same time?  How is that done?

Is there another app that would make it simpler for everybody that both I-Phones & Android can download?

Only 2 days to organize this with a 12 hour time differential.

Edited by dddave

Zoom video call, send invitation link to them, done. To be wise, also make a normal video recording, in case any connection issue (from your end or individuals watching), they can still see it back too.

Facebook live might be more useful in that case actually, as you can play it back after. But if you want to keep it simple Zoom can be downloaded in seconds by android/iphone.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

Live stream on YouTube then nobody’s stuck with an app they don’t have. You can also make the stream available as a recording.

QA

• No I haven’t done it as I have had no need.
  • Yes there are numerous examples of it functioning perfectly.
  • The recording of the live stream is available within minutes of the stream ending.
Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Live stream on YouTube then nobody’s stuck with an app they don’t have. You can also make the stream available as a recording.

QA

• No I haven’t done it as I have had no need.
  • Yes there are numerous examples of it functioning perfectly.
  • The recording of the live stream is available within minutes of the stream ending.

This looked really promising but it appears you need 1000 subs before you can live stream from a mobile device.  I have 5.

Great suggestion, though.  Thanks

2 hours ago, dddave said:

This looked really promising but it appears you need 1000 subs before you can live stream from a mobile device.  I have 5.

Great suggestion, though.  Thanks

Not quite.

Requirements

To live stream on mobile, you'll need:

but as I mentioned I haven’t done it so I didn’t check

Edited by sometimewoodworker