Why I Don't Smoke Weed

Sorry for trolling the cannabis forum ...

Just wanted to share this video .

this guy smoked a lot of weed when he was younger.

now, he's 33 and stopped smoking.

main reason is he is more productive. 

says weed is a distraction and wastes your money.

he knows a guy who sells cannabis and doesn't even smoke it. lol.

still thinks weed is better than alcohol.

I  loved pot, smoked it for 20 years + plus had a go on all the other stuff :thumbsup:

Never an issue, in moderation.

Gave up pot the same day as I quit smoking tobacco.

23 years ago, I had no real choice, as one joint, would mean,  back on 40 red Marlboro a day. ( just can't  do that) weed had to go.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pro legalize all drugs and let people smoke what ever they want. outside or in there own home, vape, cigarettes, old rope, hash/grass.

Enjoy, you only live once, despite what some try and tell you. :giggle::stoner:

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, LOWERCASEGUY said:

We also know that the human body produces its own canabanoids

The neurons in the brain have molecules called cannabinoid receptors.

THC attaches to these receptors.

Alcohol behaves differently. It enters the cells of the body.

(or sth like that ... not sure what it means exactly ... )

On 2/6/2023 at 8:24 AM, tomster said:

They also said vaccines stop the spread of Covid, which turned out to be completely untrue.

The WHO are corrupted to the core, you should take any advice they offer with a massive pinch of salt.

But don't use salt unless your doctor says so, obviously.

I don’t know, I’m not a doctor but it seems to make sense that alcohol isn’t good for you.  

Sure, I love beer and liquor as much as the next guy but I’ve never thought it was good for me.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/5/2023 at 9:04 PM, save the frogs said:

he is more productive. 

says weed is a distraction and wastes your money.

the exact reason why I quit smoking. Weed makes you stupid, kills your memory and your desire to work and do anything else other than smoking weed.

On 2/5/2023 at 9:04 PM, save the frogs said:

weed is better than alcohol.

100%

On 2/5/2023 at 10:49 PM, KhunLA said:

Yes & no.  If you can't control your vices, or manage your finances, it doesn't matter what you vice is or not.   The result will be the same.

Has nothing to do with the weed, but the person.  I smoked a lot of weed, from 15-45 yrs old, and still functioned quite successfully, and retired at 46.

I know people who didn't smoke or drink, and still struggled, retiring at 65/66 with a pittance of fixed income for their remaining years.

So that's where I went wrong. I am retiring next month at the age of 63, and now I find out that it took me so long because I never smoked weed. I wish I had known this 20 years ago.

• Haha 2

I grew up where alcohol was the only drug in the 60's. Most of my career was in the Government where Golden Flow checks were widespread. I saw a lot of folks get caught and lose not only their TS/SCI clearances but their employment. I was rewarded with a Great Career and very nice retirement by not participating. I consider it a career buster and a gateway to higher usage for some. I am sure their will be a few slams on that last sentence-but that is my opinion. Each to his own. 

2 hours ago, Dan747 said:

I consider it a career buster and a gateway to higher usage for some. I am sure their will be a few slams on that last sentence-but that is my opinion. Each to his own. 

Yep, that entry level drug, I remember it well, but it's the only thing my parents had it the liquor closet.  Thankfully got off the alcohol as soon as possible, as caused a few issues I would have preferred to avoid back then.

Thankfully weed didn't cause any of those.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/7/2023 at 8:42 PM, TheAppletons said:

Give edibles a try.  Weren't available when we were school-aged (not in my area) but I enjoy the buzz more and they don't cause the throat/lung irritation that smoking may cause for some people.  

Haven't tried anything local yet, but when on vacation have tried various cookies, etc. in the US and didn't find the experience as pleasant as old school smoke.   My college days were early 90s and most people say product has gotten much stronger, but I didn't feel much in the couple times I've dabbled.

On 2/6/2023 at 8:24 AM, tomster said:

They also said vaccines stop the spread of Covid, which turned out to be completely untrue.

The WHO are corrupted to the core, you should take any advice they offer with a massive pinch of salt.

But don't use salt unless your doctor says so, obviously.

Wait...you mean the vaccines dont stop the spread?????? oh...well, when I think about it EVERY single person I know that got vaccinated has had Covid at least once...some up to 3 times....seems the ones that were (clear throat) 'newer' tech were the worst for this....

Weed is ok AFTER you have done everything you need for the day OR for certain creative pursuits.  There is some stuff around these days that is ridiculously strong....My lady tried some and she was in another world...literally....visions and all.