Video: Netizens turn on boat passengers who just watched man drowning - friend who couldn't swim either was the hero

webfact

In Thailand this is complicated because so many people never learn to swim.

But in other countries there is also  - "The Bystander Effect" - in similar situations.

As another poster has pointed out - a further modern complication is the moronic cellphone response. 

A reported flame reply has been removed. In addition:

28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.

• Love It 1

I did read elsewhere that most Thai people cannot swim. A rare number of public swimming pools outside Bangkok. Parents forbid children from messing around in rivers. Who can afford swimming lessons when the next meal is important?

If there are westerners here with Thai kids, teach them to swim. 

18 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

If I'm ever on a boat with you I'll let you jump in first, seeing as you are waiting for an opportunity to show what a hero you'd be.

If I was on a boat with you I'd push you in and then later ask how did it feel to have all those people stare at you as you were fighting for your life.