Tour Operator Fined 500,000 Baht for Attack on Chinese Tourist

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Phuket governor Narong Woonciew reported the penalty given to the culprit for criminal offence and violation of the Tourism Business Act. The tour operator was fined 500,000 baht and the firm has been suspended from business for six months

Excellent news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petermik said:

And will the fine ever be actually paid...........

It depends on what basis the 'fine' was levied. Was the alleged attacker charged, tried and sentenced under criminal law or is this a union of travel agents penalty for failing to meet agreed standards?

There is little justice in Thailand, unless you are Chinese.

A Canadian gets hit by a pickup truck, is taken by ambulance unconscious to hospital with multiple wounds and the Thai driver gets charged with reckless driving, pleads guilty and the fine is 500 baht.  But a Chinese tourist with a knife scratch that didn't require hospitalization and the Thai offender gets a 500,000 baht fine - absolutely ridiculous! This is justice in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SheungWan said:

AIS Smart is a wi-fi service made available in most major shopping malls to AiS post-paid customers. You just need a login p/w which only has to be entered once and then auto works. It is nothing to do with the AIS shop, so therefore I assume the OP (and/or others?) has not used this service to date. The service is very good.

I don't hang out in malls so high speed connectivity in malls is useless to me