Thai baht surges, Thai killed in Turkey quake, Pikachu jet launch : Tim Newton Today - Feb 9

webfact

screenshot_19250.jpg

Many of the foreign currencies are performing poorly against the Thai baht. Why? A Thai identified among the 12,000+Tim dead from the Turkey and Syrian quake, Scoot launches a Pikachu-themed jet, Thaksin weighs in on the vaping issue, Covid infections keep dropping in Thailand, Khao San road... TURN IT DOWN!!

Thanks to our sponsor 5 Star Marine in Phuket....
https://5starmarinephuket.com

Newton Today is a daily, independent look at Thai and south East Asian regional news.

17 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

I think I'd be embarrassed to be a news reporter, talking about the so called strength of the Baht against other currencies and and saying I did know why it was so. Perhaps he should read the Baht thread!

Well then Nigel, write him a letter or place a comment on his YouTube Channel.  He asked for folks opinions on why the Bhat is so strong, you think you have the answers so tell him.  I for one do not agree with your assessment but then I agree to disagree with you on certain views.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

I for one do not agree with your assessment but then I agree to disagree with you on certain views.

This is only because you don't have a view to express, other than that old manipulation chestnut, which is the equivalent of promoting flat earth.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I for one do not agree with your assessment

So by not agreeing do you think it's OK for a news report with 'Thai Baht surges' in title and the 'news reporter' says he doesn't know why?

I guess it this 'news' is just par for the course, just another YT channel to be taken with a pinch of salt that we are swamped with these days.

31 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

So by not agreeing do you think it's OK for a news report with 'Thai Baht surges' in title and the 'news reporter' says he doesn't know why?

I guess it this 'news' is just par for the course, just another YT channel to be taken with a pinch of salt that we are swamped with these days.

He was asking for others to chime in...are weather reports right? Nope needs more input.

15 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

How do the new Russian tourists get baht? Is that exchange rate better or worse than a year ago?

Russians bring black market USD with them from mother Russia and exchange it here, RUB/USD is the most popular pair involving RUB. Yes, the rate is much improved over what it was.

Edited by nigelforbes