Best airline poll

george

Best airline poll  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hum hum .. french "politesse" (politness) ...  B)

anyway, don't you find their rates far too expensive for the service they offer, compared to Thai Airways?

I do  :o

so, I prefer flying Thai ... and I have a "any newspaper sir?"  :D

like anyone, only the french "say "no, merci" ...

all the newspapers are in english  B)

Sounds much better than your previous posting.

"politesse"? I thought those are the police-woman writing parking tickets. ???

Just one more on language: In some airports around Asia you can check in at counters marked and only marked:

- L'Espace - Tempo, You and I might know what is business and what economy.

Never mind, I take it with humour.

For the price, perhaps I have to specify. I take a lot of flights around Asia, AF-timing for ex. out of Saigon to BKK is perfect for me. Full day work and 6:00 p.m. to the airport.

As AF needs passengers, there might be on and off specials, to fill up the sector. Only problem, LH has the same problem and is bombarding me with offers, the mileage on LH will be credited to Thai-card. Thai has 2-3 flights a day to VN, only.

For Europe: Yes expensive, but than again look out for the specials coming up from time to time.

I mentioned, usually I am on CX (via HKG) going into London, Frankfurt, Paris, Zurich, Rome, at least once a day.

AF, of course, direct to CDG, and than connect.

Food and WINE. One of the best

A votre sante!

Sounds much better than your previous posting.
don't worry it was not really a french reaction, just thinking that it could not be "so true"  :o

"politesse"? I thought those are the police-woman writing parking tickets

it is ..  B)

Food and WINE. One of the best

A votre sante!

I have to agree not because I'm french, but I had the opportunity to taste, it's rather surprising for airline food!

but Thai-Airways is not bad too  :D

While we are in the France "gendre" Does anyone remember an outfit that does/used to fly out of Paris to god forsaking places like the congo,up-yer volta,bra-z-ville and romantic places of that ilk.

I seem to remember it was something like ITA-UBC-UTA but must be over 20 years since my last sojourn (contract) in the dark continent-Freetown-78,Monrovia-78,Zaire and Lilongue-83 and the one place I always wanted to see O-Waga-Do-Do.

Fun time all even down to the 21 club in Wharf rd.Apapa-Lagos...where u go ansom man?-nigerian style.. :cool:  :laugh: Vivre-la...

Okay but you must look at an airlines buisness sense

Three friends all holding Gold point flight cards want to come to Tha;land from Queensland in November.

Can they get a seat on Thai airlaines,

NO WAY

They say all the planes are booked out because of the limited amount of people flying

Okay lets look at this

Not enough people wanting to try by Plane

People don't want to travel to Thailand at this time of the year

against

No seat available on any planes

Waiting lists fully booked out

Now let me ask you is Thai airlines a good prospective buisness

or just another con to keep prices high amd create a false shortage?

MMMhhhhh

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone here ever flown with BANGLADESH BIMANAIRLINES?

I had to get back to England a few years ago in a hurry, so I caught the next available flight which happened to be with Biman. I remember I paid about 13000 baht one way to London/Heathrow. I was very surprised and quite happy when I was quoted this price as I was expecting to pay much more for a flight at such short notice.

Once I boarded the plane I began to realize why the flight was so cheap. The stewards/hostesses were the rudest I have come across and the food was inedible.

We made an unscheduled stop in Rome as part of the wing had been damaged, O.K. no problem, better to be safe than sorry, however they would not let anyone off the plane to wait inside the airport, we waited four and a half hours on the runway while repairs were carried out. During this time a fight broke out between two men sitting behind me, and I am not talking about handbags here, also Italian cleaning staff came aboard and proceeded to clean the plane while we were still in our seats. These people were not so friendly and seemed pretty pissed off.

While we were waiting in the plane on the runway a man lit up a cigarette which didn’t go down too well with the staff. They frog marched him off the plane onto the runway and let him smoke there, I followed him onto the runway to get some fresh air and saw him standing there smoking about ten meters from the plane while it was being refueled. I could not believe my eyes!

During the last leg of the trip to London I got up to go the toilet and had my path blocked by a burly hostess, she told me I would have to wait as the seatbelt sign was on, no problem I waited for twenty minutes and the sign was still on, by this time I was bursting so I went the toilet. When I came out she was waiting for me and bundled me back to my seat saying something (I think a curse) in her language.

I was so relieved to get off that plane.

In future I always try to book my flights in advance but if I cannot I swear I will never fly with BANGLADESH BIMANAIRLINES ever again.

The flight took in all 18 hours, we had to stop in Dhaka for a couple and then another four in Rome, nightmare!

::o:

Has anyone here ever flown with BANGLADESH BIMANAIRLINES?

Seems like a nice experience. Finally, I understand why, years ago, they had to draw the first price 3 times in a tombola until somebody came to pick it up. 1st was: tickets for two on AIR BIMAN to Dhakka.  :o

want to come to Tha;land from Queensland in November.

I don't think Thai fly to Queensland. However, I have just checked their web site and see that there are loads of empty seats on flights in November from Sydney.

Sometimes travel agents reserve blocks of seats in advance and release them nearer flight times - it's worth checking nearer time of departure. Or maybe they've put on extra flights?

want to come to Tha;land from Queensland in November.

I don't think Thai fly to Queensland. However, I have just checked their web site and see that there are loads of empty seats on flights in November from Sydney.

Sometimes travel agents reserve blocks of seats in advance and release them nearer flight times - it's worth checking nearer time of departure. Or maybe they've put on extra flights?

Thai certainly do fly from Brisbane to BKK 3 times a week.

Takes about 9 hours.  great flight and great service!

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Adelaide so I only have international 2 direct flight choices out of Oz, Singapore and Malaysian and obviously connecting flights are required to get to Bkk.

Malaysian stop KL on the way over and you have to spend the night there, the last time I was at the hotel Equatorial (a million miles from anywhere)spent a couple of hours waiting for ride to the hotel got there at midnight and up early next morning for connection, waste of a day really.

Singapore are good but just a bit exxy at the moment, service is great.

Quaintass are to expensive now both in both domestic and overseas routes, the service I got last time was terrible(one beer in 1200 miles and had to ask for that)

Virgin to Melbourne and Thai diect to Bkk is the cheapest option right now, Virgin are great, good staff really like their jobs and it shows.

I would have voted for Japan Airlines if they were on the chart. Super clean aircraft and the cabin crew follow the rules to the letter. Anyone who breaks a rule is severely disciplined on return to Tokyo, as they should be.

The Thai stewardesses who work for JAL are also most delightful.

• 3 years later...

I flew Gulf Air between HKG and BKK more than 100x during the period 1992 - 1997 and they were always great. Cabin crew were primarily UK female, always casual and pleasant. Gulf always had a 2 for 1 deal on business class tix which made the round trip slightly cheaper than economy, but totally flexible. Counter and office staff at each end took the trouble to know me by name. One night I showed up at Kai Tak and I only had flight coupons for the BKK>HKG leg on me. They let me on the plane on the promise I would have the proper coupon delivered to them (at Kai Tak) in the morning, which I did. In 1999 or 2000 I moved a whole bunch of personal effects from HKG to Thailand. I put my beloved cat and over 80 EXTRA kgs on that plane and they waived ALL charges and took good care of my cat! I was for some time the only gold card member Gulf Air had in Hong Kong and they treated my royally! I would give them a vote but as far as I know there's no such airline as 'Gulf Emmirates'

<font color='#000000'>Again Agree about Gulf and Em.......

FYI.

List of Airlines using Bangkok International

AIR CANADA AC

AIR CHINA CA

AIR FRANCE AF

AIR INDIA AI

AIR KAZAKSTAN

AIR KORYO,

KOREAN AIRWAYS JS

AIR MACAU NX

AIR NEW ZEALAND NZ

ALL NIPPON AIRWAYS NH

AMERICAN AIRLINES AA

ANDAMAN 2Y

AEROSVIT AIRLINES VV

AUSTRALIAN AIRLINES AN

ASIANA AIRLINES OZ

BANGKOK AIRWAYS PG

BANGLADESH BIMANAIRLINES BG

BRITISH AIRWAYS BA

CARGOLUX AIRLINES INTERNATIONAL CV

CATHAY PACIFIC AIRWAYS CX

CHINA AIRLINES CI

CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES MU

CHINA SOUTHERN AIRLINES CZ

CHINA SOUTHWEST AIRLINES SZ

CHINA YUNNAN AIRLINES 3Q

CONDOR FLUGDIENST DE

CONTINENTAL AIRLINES CO

CHINA NORTHERN AIRLINES CJ

DRAGONAIR KA

DRUK AIR KB

EGYPT AIR MS

EL AL-ISRAEL AIRLINES LY

EMIRATES EK

ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES ET

EVA AIRWAYS BR 0-

FEDERAL EXPRESS FX

FINNAIR AY

GARUDA INDONESIA GA

GULF AIR GF

INDIAN AIRLINES IC

JAPAN AIRLINES JL

KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES KL

KOREAN AIRLINES KE

KUWAIT AIRWAYS KU

LAO AVIATION QV

LTU INTERNATIONAL AIRWAYS LT

LUFTHANSA GERMAN AIRLINES LH

MALAYSIA AIRLINES MH

MAHAN AIR W5

MYANMAR AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL UB

NIPPON CARGO AIRLINES KZ

NORTHWEST AIRLINES NW

OLYMPIC AIRWAYS OA

ORIENT EXPRESS AIR OX

PAKISTAN INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES PK

PHILIPPINES AIRLINES PR

P.B.AIR 9Q

QANTAS AIRWAYS QF

QATAR AIRWAYS QR

ROYAL PHNOM-PENH AIRWAYS RL0

ROYAL BRUNEI AIRLINES BI

ROYAL JORDANIAN RJ

ROYAL NEPAL AIRLINES RA

SIEM REAP AIRWAYS FT

SCANDINAVIAN AIRLINES SYSTEM SK

SINGAPORE AIRLINES SQ

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS SA

SRI LANKAN AIRLINES UL - -

SWISS INTERNATIONAL AIR SR

TRANSMILE AIR TH -

THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL TG

TURKISH AIRLINES TK

TURKMENISTAN AIRLINES TS

UNITED AIRLINES UA

UZBEKISTAN AIRWAYS HY

UNITED PARCEL SERVICE UPS

VIETNAM AIRLINES VN

XIAMEN AIRLINES MF

| :D</font>

Where is Etihad ? :o

Onzestan

<font color='#000000'>Again Agree about Gulf and Em.......

FYI.

List of Airlines using Bangkok International

AIR CANADA AC

AIR CHINA CA

AIR FRANCE AF

AIR INDIA AI

AIR KAZAKSTAN

AIR KORYO,

KOREAN AIRWAYS JS

AIR MACAU NX

AIR NEW ZEALAND NZ

ALL NIPPON AIRWAYS NH

AMERICAN AIRLINES AA

ANDAMAN 2Y

AEROSVIT AIRLINES VV

AUSTRALIAN AIRLINES AN

ASIANA AIRLINES OZ

BANGKOK AIRWAYS PG

BANGLADESH BIMANAIRLINES BG

BRITISH AIRWAYS BA

CARGOLUX AIRLINES INTERNATIONAL CV

CATHAY PACIFIC AIRWAYS CX

CHINA AIRLINES CI

CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES MU

CHINA SOUTHERN AIRLINES CZ

CHINA SOUTHWEST AIRLINES SZ

CHINA YUNNAN AIRLINES 3Q

CONDOR FLUGDIENST DE

CONTINENTAL AIRLINES CO

CHINA NORTHERN AIRLINES CJ

DRAGONAIR KA

DRUK AIR KB

EGYPT AIR MS

EL AL-ISRAEL AIRLINES LY

EMIRATES EK

ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES ET

EVA AIRWAYS BR 0-

FEDERAL EXPRESS FX

FINNAIR AY

GARUDA INDONESIA GA

GULF AIR GF

INDIAN AIRLINES IC

JAPAN AIRLINES JL

KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES KL

KOREAN AIRLINES KE

KUWAIT AIRWAYS KU

LAO AVIATION QV

LTU INTERNATIONAL AIRWAYS LT

LUFTHANSA GERMAN AIRLINES LH

MALAYSIA AIRLINES MH

MAHAN AIR W5

MYANMAR AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL UB

NIPPON CARGO AIRLINES KZ

NORTHWEST AIRLINES NW

OLYMPIC AIRWAYS OA

ORIENT EXPRESS AIR OX

PAKISTAN INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES PK

PHILIPPINES AIRLINES PR

P.B.AIR 9Q

QANTAS AIRWAYS QF

QATAR AIRWAYS QR

ROYAL PHNOM-PENH AIRWAYS RL0

ROYAL BRUNEI AIRLINES BI

ROYAL JORDANIAN RJ

ROYAL NEPAL AIRLINES RA

SIEM REAP AIRWAYS FT

SCANDINAVIAN AIRLINES SYSTEM SK

SINGAPORE AIRLINES SQ

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS SA

SRI LANKAN AIRLINES UL - -

SWISS INTERNATIONAL AIR SR

TRANSMILE AIR TH -

THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL TG

TURKISH AIRLINES TK

TURKMENISTAN AIRLINES TS

UNITED AIRLINES UA

UZBEKISTAN AIRWAYS HY

UNITED PARCEL SERVICE UPS

VIETNAM AIRLINES VN

XIAMEN AIRLINES MF

| :D</font>

Where is Etihad ? :o

Onzestan

if you look at the date of Rinrada's post, you should realise that Etihad was founded sometime the same year so probably didn't make it into that 'up to date' list

Edited by Goshawk