Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Help with a documentary requirement for UK Visa Application

I am filling in the Visa application and am stuck one one question and I hope someone can help me with it, the document required is as follows:-

"Provide Evidence that your sponsor is not, or will not be in breach of UK Immigration Laws at the time of your visit."

What are they asking here, I have never been in trouble with the Police or Immigration both here or the UK, how do I answer this question?

I appreciate any helpful answers, thank you.

Nong38

On 2/10/2023 at 9:06 AM, nong38 said:

am filling in the Visa application and am stuck one one question and I hope someone can help me with it, the document required is as follows:-

"Provide Evidence that your sponsor is not, or will not be in breach of UK Immigration Laws at the time of your visit."

What visa are you applying for?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, nong38 said:

Applied for the UK visa 13th March, passport arrived today with visa, 24th March, so being told 3 weeks not a bad outcome.

Back in the old days it was a spouse visa and they specifically asked for copy of spouse passport. When it became a general visitor visa the wording changed to show the sponsor is in the UK legally as the passport may not be that of UK national.

Yes,  not bad at the moment, we applied 17th Feb and it was back exactly 14 days after Trendy. Out of 11 applications the best it has ever been was 10 days, normally about 3 weeks. Last year we were told 6 weeks which was a bit of concern, but came back in 3. 

• Like 1