Medicaments and customs

AaronIsaan

Hi. One friend, spanish male, will go to Thailand in march for three months. He's on medical treatment.

Does he need any documents about his treatment to pass medicaments through customs?

Thanks in advance for any information and sorry about my English and if not the correct forum.

He needs to take a recognised official prescription list with his medications. 
Some medications like morphine are difficult to get into Thailand. I brought some MST (slow release morphine) in, back 20 years ago and had a argument with customs/immigration, but showed prescriptions and they let me off. 
Things may have changed since then, so check in Thai immigration site for the latest rules. 

????

He is allowed to bring in a 30 day supply but in practice they usually do not count out quantities strictly- u less it is a controlled drug (see below)

All medications should be clearly labelled and either in a prescription bottle (showing his name,  doctor name etc) or her should have with him an accompanying prescription or medical summary. (Medical summary from doctor is a good idea anyhow in case he has problems and needs to see a doctor while here).

If any are controlled substances (e.g. narcotics) then he needs to get a permit in advance, see

https://permitfortraveler.fda.moph.go.th/nct_permit_main/