Marriage Visa; 3 Questions About 400k

I'm a Swiss citizen and I just got married in Bangkok and planning a trip to Malaysia to apply for my non-immigrant "O" visa. I understand that for the extension of the Visa I have to show that I have got at least Baht 400K in a Thai Bank account. Now I have 3 questions:

1. I've got a Euro account with a Thai bank in Bangkok (Bank of Asia). I've got more than the equivalent of Baht 400K on that account. Does anyone know whether I can use this account as proof or do I still have to transfer enough money to a separate account in Thai Baht?

2. Do they require any history on the account or is it ok if the 400K are transferred into the Thai account shortly before I apply for the extension?

3. Are there any restrictions on the account or can it be a normal savings account and I can use the 400K whenever I want to?

Thanks very much for your help!

Generally Thai Immigration require that the account be maintained in Thai baht because you are meant to use that amount to live on. Immigration want to see that the the funds come from abroad to ensure that it is not income in Thailand. You can go on into Immigration and discuss your case. In my experience, they are reasonable if you are reasonable.

Thanks Dr. Pat Pong. Well, the funds on my Euro account were all transferred from abroad and the account is registered in Bangkok. The income into that acount comes from cosulting fees for services which I render exclusively to companies outside Thailand and on my frequent trips abroad. I use it mainly to pay for my alimonies for my divorced wife at home and on a monthly basis I transfer just enough into my Thai Baht acount to survive comfortably month by month. However if possible I would like to avoid having too much on it. Anyways you think that there is some degree of freedom to decide for the immigration officer in charge. So I will try and keep you updated.

The income into that acount comes from cosulting fees for services which I render exclusively to companies outside Thailand

Be careful.

If you bring that money into Thailand from consulting work, and then stay more than 180 days in the year you become liable for tax on the money. Unless you can show that it has already been taxed in another country that has a dual tax agreement with Thailand, such as the UK.