Over 300 hotspots detected in Chiang Mai Province on Sunday

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Dr. Jain Charnnarong, a member of the society dedicated to solving the problem of PM2.5 in Thailand, said today(Sunday) that it is pointless for Thailand to blame its neighbours for forest fires this year because many forest fires in the country being caused by irresponsible villagers.

Time the CM governor got moved on to pasture.

2 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Do the people who write these headlines realize what "hotspot" means?

It's obvious they are not native English speakers and it's a bad translation.

Why do they have to be a native English speaker when posting in Thailand?

Maybe the term "hotspot" is normal to them.

And by the way... if you were a native English speaker you'd realize "Realise" is spelt with an S

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Why the need to be so critical of the English language usage, this is a Thai publication in a country that does not use English language as its native language. Hot spot means something in NASA terminology, it also means something similar but different in Western  terminology, it should come as no surprise that a foreign country has it's own definition.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Like every years..

Nop. They can not learn and they will never mind a B..* what is the meaning of the word “impact”.

Wait to next generation and educate them from the beginning…in the school, when all those old pathetic dinosaurs are gone.

True but those old dinosaurs are doing the teaching in the government schools which is zero reason they continue to kick out the same product with zero changes.

10 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

True but those old dinosaurs are doing the teaching in the government schools which is zero reason they continue to kick out the same product with zero changes.

I was referring to the old dinosaurs in Power, who really are the real ones responsible for this lack of authority, ignorance and passivity in controlling this madness of pollution.

5 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

... caused by irresponsible , selfish , greedy and stupid villagers who should be heavily fined or put in prison for this .

So ! of the 300 or so Fire starters, how many have been tracked down and prosecuted ?

I would guess at somewhere near Zero.

11 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

I must be missing something. Referring to forest fires as hotspots is common practice, I use it that way on a day-to-day basis. I do admit not being a native speaker and mainly working with government agencies in South-East Asia.

Edited by Amplish
Spelling

12 hours ago, Tarteso said:

I was referring to the old dinosaurs in Power, who really are the real ones responsible for this lack of authority, ignorance and passivity in controlling this madness of pollution.

I understood your reference you didn't mines.  They aren't just in government their thinking extends much deepen than you think. 

15 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Why do they have to be a native English speaker when posting in Thailand?

Maybe the term "hotspot" is normal to them.

And by the way... if you were a native English speaker you'd realize "Realise" is spelt with an S

About spelling, Americans like to use Z and Brits use S. Also the French use S.

Edited by placnx

13 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I understood your reference you didn't mines.  They aren't just in government their thinking extends much deepen than you think. 

Again, I will tell you deepen what I thinking. If you study the History, you will understand that an Educational System is imposed by governments or Army with their policies and ideologies, who are the ones who have the real power and the machinery to manipulate and impose from Centuries ago without forgetting the manipulative religious ideas.
Thai Teachers, especially in the Public Education System, are simple old puppets with little salary with old ideologies, coming from the last century, usually known as mysoginists, sexists and manipulators that contribute little to.. in this case,  evolutión of the Thailand society.

Edited by Tarteso

18 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Again, if you study the History, you will understand that an Educational System is imposed by governments or Army with their policies and ideologies, who are the ones who have the real power and the machinery to manipulate and impose from Centuries ago without forgetting the manipulative religious ideas.
Teachers, especially in the Public Education System, are simple old puppets with little salary with old ideologies, coming from the last century, usually known as mysoginists, sexists and manipulators that contribute little to.. in this case,  evolutión of the Thailand society.

I could almost agree with what you wrote except the entire country is at the same low level of development that the education system is. I therefore tend to believe that the education system is not purposely held back by mysterious forces, instead it develops more slowly, just as almost every facet of Thailand does. The problem has been seen in other countries in the past, without the right leader, the country will not move forward. This is not a bash against the military leadership etc. Countries only seem to get really good leaders infrequently, even developed ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

I could almost agree with what you wrote except the entire country is at the same low level of development that the education system is. I therefore tend to believe that the education system is not purposely held back by mysterious forces, instead it develops more slowly, just as almost every facet of Thailand does. The problem has been seen in other countries in the past, without the right leader, the country will not move forward. This is not a bash against the military leadership etc. Countries only seem to get really good leaders infrequently, even developed ones.

Agree, it has been shown that developed countries are those that have reached a high level of human development, with a highly perfected production and distribution system.  Something that countries with autocratic government lack.

• Thanks 1