Any recommendations for insurance that will cover theft for classic vehicle?

rabiedabruce

Having just restored my Willy, the only insurance company - Thai Pattana -  who will offer me insurance of any kind (3rd party only as it's well over 10 years old - 1984)  does not include 'Theft'. Bit necessary around these parts, together with having spent a small fortune on it getting it restored.

Is anyone able to let me know of a company who will cover Theft for a vehicle this age (I'm aware first class out of the question)? Thanks

Edited by rabiedabruce
spl

• 2 months later...

I also have this problem, 1999 Gen 1 Honda CRV, possibly the best SUV ever and in excellent order after much loving care, impossible to get what I term as adequate coverage, [third party, fire and theft and a decent valuation].  Seems like I need someone with an expensive Mercedes or Bentley to run into me and only then would I be able to get acceptable compensation.

I notice there are no answers so far, I am sure many of you have the same problem, any answers ?.

On 5/6/2023 at 3:18 PM, PJPom said:

I also have this problem, 1999 Gen 1 Honda CRV, possibly the best SUV ever and in excellent order after much loving care, impossible to get what I term as adequate coverage, [third party, fire and theft and a decent valuation].  Seems like I need someone with an expensive Mercedes or Bentley to run into me and only then would I be able to get acceptable compensation.

I notice there are no answers so far, I am sure many of you have the same problem, any answers ?.

There are no answers because no one in this tin pot country will insure it. As for Mercedes, one had been restored to it's original beautiful condition at the same garage. It had a 'for sale' sign on it parked outside. Perhaps the owner found out the hard way too.