very interesting

smedly

this highlights something I have been saying for a long time regarding the general aproach to standards and safety in Thailand, I won't post a link but do a search for these words

Deadly Airline Culture! The Story of One-Two-Go Airlines Flight 269

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Puccini said:
3 hours ago, CharlieKo said:

Not sure how something that happened in 2007 has relevance today? Fortunately these sorts of accidents don't happen so often. 

Don't blame the OP. He heard about it just now from a video that was uploaded to YouTube yesterday.

Why not blame him?   He knows that this happened 16 years ago in an airline that hasn't existed for 13 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2023 at 9:05 PM, smedly said:

it applies to every form of transport in Thailand

I traveled hundreds of times on long distance buses in LOL with no problems, traveled hundreds of times on trains with no problems, flew occasionally with no problems, drove a car for thousands of km with no accidents. The only real problem I had was while on a m'bike and someone drove into me.

I also used ferries many times but was on one that broke down at sea, so not a frequent problem.

Perhaps you were unlucky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I traveled hundreds of times on long distance buses in LOL with no problems, traveled hundreds of times on trains with no problems, flew occasionally with no problems, drove a car for thousands of km with no accidents. The only real problem I had was while on a m'bike and someone drove into me.

I also used ferries many times but was on one that broke down at sea, so not a frequent problem.

Perhaps you were unlucky.

traveled hundreds of times on long distance buses

what are you ? a ## bus driver LOL

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1