Best valued iPhone you can buy right now

WaveHunter

Anyone in the market for an iPhone but don't want to spend over $1,000 USD for one?  I just bought a used iPhone SE (2nd generation with A13 Bionic Chip) and it is amazing!  For all intents and purposes it's just about as good as the latest iPhones but I got it used for only 6200 THB!

There are numerous reviews of it on YouTube (produced this year) proclaiming it to be the best possible used iPhone today, fully compliant with the latest iOS (ver 16), and will probably be compatible with future upgrades for another 3-4 years.

And BTW, the latest iOS update ver 16 is incredible with MAJOR upgrades, which is the main reason I got it since my previous iPhone 7 could not be upgraded to 16.  It has a new "voice typing feature" that works so perfectly that it eliminates the need to use the keyboard for about 75% of the things you'd normally use the keyboard for!

I got it from KhunEarth Witsarut shop in Pattaya which has plenty of listings on Facebook Marketplace.  The owner has a good reputation for excellent used iPhones, takes credit cards, and speaks reasonable English.

Just thought I'd mention it in case your present iphone is on its' last legs as mine was, but you don;t feel like spending $1,000+ for a replacement.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, brianburi said:

Would they take my iPhone 6 with iOS 12 on it.?

Still works good and love that 4.7'' screen size....

I doubt it. If they did, you’d probably only get less than 500 baht. 

the SE has the same size screen, but it seems much more responsive to touch.  

I also have an old iPhone 6s, and it seems ancient compared with this SE phone that I just got.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I just bought a used iPhone SE (2nd generation with A13 Bionic Chip) and it is amazing!  For all intents and purposes it's just about as good as the latest iPhones but I got it used for only 6200 THB!

While the iPhone SE G2 is an excellent phone (I have one from when it was introduced) and it has (in my opinion) the better Touch ID I think that the price you paid was rather too much as they have very little resale value due to the screen size. 

However for me its value is that it links with our car, and virtually all the apps I have on the other devices work on it. However it gets little use for anything else as the 12.9” iPad is my main input device 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

While the iPhone SE G2 is an excellent phone (I have one from when it was introduced) and it has (in my opinion) the better Touch ID I think that the price you paid was rather too much as they have very little resale value due to the screen size. 

However for me its value is that it links with our car, and virtually all the apps I have on the other devices work on it. However it gets little use for anything else as the 12.9” iPad is my main input device 

The main reason I bought it was because of its' small size.  I don't like larger phones that feel too bulky in your pocket. 

The price I paid for it is higher simply because of VAT inflating the cost of devices here in Thailand compared to on eBay in the US where the average price is much less.  I also dislike not having a home button on the phone and the SE was the last model of iPhone with a home button.  It is by far the cheapest iphone that has a late model chipset (A13 bionic) that is fully compatible with iOS16 and that's all I really care about...a lightweight phone that I can carry around without the bulk of the newer phones,  that has a fast processor and is able to take full advantage of iOS16.  I'm not so thrilled about the camera, but so far that's the only drawback for me, so I'm thrilled with the purchase.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

The price I paid for it is higher simply because of VAT inflating the cost of devices here in Thailand compared to on eBay in the US where the average price is much less. 

While VAT will certainly effects the price, it is not the reason, as if it were then the USA price would be ฿5,800, so that is certainly not a very significant difference, if it were the U.K. then the difference would be ฿5,167. So yes a difference, but not the main reason. Probably one of  the main reasons is the fact that there are far more used phones available for sale.

But anyway it is, for me, the best of the current phones 

39 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

While VAT will certainly effects the price, it is not the reason, as if it were then the USA price would be ฿5,800, so that is certainly not a very significant difference, if it were the U.K. then the difference would be ฿5,167. So yes a difference, but not the main reason. Probably one of  the main reasons is the fact that there are far more used phones available for sale.

But anyway it is, for me, the best of the current phones 

No offense intended but the discrepancy between US prices and Thai prices is the VAT.  I considered buying it on eBay but realized after searching that any savings on eBay would be offset by the VAT that I'd be charged by Customs.  The average price for a Apple iPhone SE 2nd Gen. (2020) is about 5500 THB on US eBay.  On Facebook marketplace in Thailand it averages around 6500 THB.  So, the savings by importating it isn't worth the trouble, and 6200 THB is a pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned.

Bottom line, the iPhone 2020 SE is by far the cheapest iphone you can buy that is fully compliant with iOS 16, and that's all that mattered to me because iOS 16 is a GAME CHANGER as far as updates go.  It's one of the most significant updates in the history of the iPhone as far as I'm concerned. 

Why do I say that?  One very simple reason...they have perfected voice typing in iSO 16.  That means that you almost don;t even need to use the keyboard anymore!  The voice dictation has gotten so good in iOS 16 that it makes almost no mistakes.  It even fills in punctuation automatically.  It also allows you to use both the keyboard and the microphone simultaneously while dictating so that if a mistake does occur like with a really complicated word, its really simple to use voice commands to delete it and then use the keyboard to type it in while still being in dictation mode.

It makes dictating a really long note effortless because it transcribes as fast as you can talk with absolutely no lag time!  It's a total game changer for me because I hate the tiny keyboards on smartphones and the difficulty of using them while walking or driving, or when you only can use one hand, but I like the compact size of a normal sized smartphone!  Now, with iOS 16, I hardly need to use the keyboard at all!  ????

6200 THB for an iPhone Se Gen2 vs 35,000 THB for a iPhone 13 sounds like a good deal to me ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thumbs Up 1