Smog Blankets Chiang Mai

snoop1130

1676360203_279115-tnamcot-768x402.jpg

CHIANG MAI, Feb 14 (TNA) – Chiang Mai’s Muang district has been shrouded in toxic haze as the city was ranked third on Iqair’s list of most polluted city in the world on Tuesday morning.

The levels of ultra fine particulate matter PM 2.5 rose to 63-66 microgrammes per cubic metre in Sri Phum and Chang Phueak sub-districts.

The highest level was measured at 195 microgrammes per cubic metre in Chiang Dao district.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1114763

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2023-02-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Pitty folks who live here. From the "Rose of The North" to "Burning Trash Can of Thailand". I know scores of people who moved from other parts of Thailand to Chiang Mai, hoping for fresh, cool, and clean air. Instead, many of them contracted respiratory diseases. 

Edited by BMW Overlander
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Spent a glorious winter in Chiang Mai in 1988\1989, nothing but sunshine and clear skies, nice temperatures, even up until the end of March. I decided right then and there that I wanted to live there when I retired. 
Been back to Chiang Mai a few times since then, last time in 2011/2012, and I’m quite sure now that this is not where I want to live anymore when I retire. Every year it’s the same, authorities keep vowing they’re going to do something about the horrendous air quality in the winter, but every year nothing happens and the air quality gets worse and worse. Such a shame.

This is a picture of Chiang Mai’s air quality of today. Looks pretty dismal to me.

6D2B0C9A-3B84-4284-9F17-489769A28695.jpeg