Birkenstock Shoes

tuffy

I have back and feet trouble and a friend suggested that I try Birkenstock shoes. Does anyone know where to buy them? Does anyone have any experience with these shoes/sandals? What's your opinion?

Thanks!

You can get copies for 200 baht all over Bangkok, the real deal though are available at a shop opposite Samitivej hospital soi 49. No experience with them though they put me in mind of people who knit their own museli :o

I have back and feet trouble and a friend suggested that I try Birkenstock shoes. Does anyone know where to buy them? Does anyone have any experience with these shoes/sandals? What's your opinion?

Thanks!

There are a few stalls in Chatuchak market that sell 2nd hand pairs , some in very good condition.

Avoid the copies as they will fall apart quickly.

Very comfortable sandals.

Never looked for them in BKK, but there are 2 stores in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. One is in Lot 10, across from Sungai Wong in central KL. They cost about $250 U.S. They have a rather high arch & unique footbed that might take some getting used to. I like Mephisto shoes better, but I can't find them in SE Asia and they are even more expensive, but I think worth it.

There are a few stalls in Chatuchak market that sell 2nd hand pairs , some in very good condition.

They don't fall apart THAT quickly. I've been here 3 years and had to buy 3 pairs of Birkenstock copies. A year for a pair of sandals for 200B ain't so bad.

Also, I only had to change pairs because they tend to get funky after a while due to walking in the rain and stepping in one too many of Bangkok's 'street puddles', not because they fell apart.

However, to the OP - you might want to buy originals if you are really looking for back/feet pain solutions. A copy will never beat the originals.

They don't fall apart THAT quickly. I've been here 3 years and had to buy 3 pairs of Birkenstock copies. A year for a pair of sandals for 200B ain't so bad.

Also, I only had to change pairs because they tend to get funky after a while due to walking in the rain and stepping in one too many of Bangkok's 'street puddles', not because they fell apart.

However, to the OP - you might want to buy originals if you are really looking for back/feet pain solutions. A copy will never beat the originals.

I am actually looking for originals, I am not interested in style so much as foot and back relief. Supposedly these will do the trick. I just hope they are not priced much higher than the US for example. I will try that shop by Samitivej.

I am actually looking for originals, I am not interested in style so much as foot and back relief. Supposedly these will do the trick. I just hope they are not priced much higher than the US for example. I will try that shop by Samitivej.

They are around $100. a pair in the states , so expect some sticker shock if purchased in Thailand.

I have seen nearly new pairs for much much less at JJ Market.

Thanks!

Go to this website:

http://www.birkenstock.com/index_gr24.php

and you'll find the Thai shop on Soi 49 in BKK.

I use Birkenstock shoes. PERFECT for people with (foot&back)-problems. Avoid copies at all cost, since your health is worth more than MORE problems....for less money, isn't it ? :o

LaoPo