Beach chairs?

OneMoreFarang

I visited Pattaya and Jomtien many times over the years. But not recently since Covid started.

I think about going there for a weekend from Bangkok. A long time ago it was easy: We arrived on the beach in Jomtien and then we just walked to the beach and got some beach chairs. Maybe 50B per day, I forgot.

But I remember last time, a couple of years ago, we arrived at the beach and the situation was different. It was morning and the beach was nearly empty and almost all beach chairs were free. So we though let's get one. But then the vendor informed us that they are all reserved, hundreds of them. We walked a little further on the beach and the situation was the same.

How is it now? Can we just walk to the beach (in the morning maybe 9 or 10am) and get some chairs? Are they available? What do they cost now?

We also visited another small beach sometime, I think it's called Naklua beach. As far as I remember the situation was better at that beach. But my experience was from years ago, maybe 2020.

If I go there I will come with my long time Thai gf. My Thai language is also good enough for basic conversations.

What is your experience now? 

13 minutes ago, champers said:

Here they normally lay out 2 chairs with a table but if you only use 1 chair you only pay for one.

I am happy with two chair and one table.

And we will order drinks and food from the vendor.

I only had this "all reserved" issue one time. But it was on my last visit, that is why I remember and ask.

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are they available? What do they cost now?

Free if you buy something to eat or a drink. Never sat there without buying anything (at least a bottle of small beer). So don't know. 

Edited by Xanthe
  • Haha 1

Plenty of chairs everyday in Jomtien Beach.   No problem in weekend either. 

One small change in Jomtien beach. Northern Part of Jomtien beach remains same.  Southern Part of Jomtien beach has been enlarged and extended further to the  seaside and more roomy now. 

Chairs everywhere in Pattaya beach too. 

Note that one weekend in  Feb 2023 they will stage  Kite Festival at Pattaya Beach. 

And One weekend in March 2023 there will be Music Festival in Both Pattaya and Jomtien.