Time to Bid Farewell to President Jimmy Carter

Jingthing

President Jimmy Carter of Georgia is now in home hospice care. 

He's now more well known for his wonderful humanitarian works post-presidency than his one consequential term.

Because of that I think he's the most beloved of the (still) living presidents.

But I do remember the gas lines!

• Like 1

98 - not bad. I read somewhere the US Embassy hostages were not released until AFTER the election so as to put him a bad light. 

Released in 2017, a declassified memo produced by the CIA in 1980 concluded "Iranian hardliners – especially Ayatollah Khomeini" were "determined to exploit the hostage issue to bring about President Carter's defeat in the November elections." Additionally, Tehran in 1980 wanted "the world to believe that Imam Khomeini caused President Carter's downfall and disgrace."

Just now, jerrymahoney said:

There have been no details made of the medical condition that prompted this hospice decision. It seems that the doctors said  Mr. Carter would have to be re-admitted to the hospital, and the former President said:

No way

"There have been no details made of the medical condition that prompted this hospice decision.".... he's 98 years old. What else do you need?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

"There have been no details made of the medical condition that prompted this hospice decision.".... he's 98 years old. What else do you need?

From NY Times Feb. 18, 2023 (paywall):

The (Carter) center did not elaborate on what conditions had prompted the recent hospital visits or his decision to enter hospice care.

Edited by jerrymahoney